- Owned by
- Dr. Buddy Mercury
- Body style
- Single Cutaway Hollowbody
- Cherry Red
- Ebony with Neo-Classic (thumbnail) inlays
- Bone with zero fret
- '58-60 "Patent Applied For" FilterTron (neck)
- Grover Imperial with "Kidney Bean" buttons
- Bigsby B-3C (V-cutout)
A tru-arc aluminum Serpentune bridge.
Custom truss rod cover with the words "The Villain".
- Unusual factory features
A stock 6119 Tennessean from 1959 with trestle bracing and a PAF pick-up
- Added to Gretsch-GEAR
- 1 year ago Last modified 2018-03-19 16:11:30
I bought this guitar from reverb.com in march of 2018. I already own a 1960 tennessean and a custom 1962 tennessean. They're both fantastic guitars and eventually became the guitars that I "identify" with, so I decided to round out my collection by getting a 1959 and a 1961.
A comparison of the 3 current 6119's i have can be seen here: https://www.facebook.com/TheRectors/videos/1725349590914101/