Your Tunes

Writing new songs for new album (TK, Tru-Arc, NZaganin alert)

I’m writing new material for an upcoming new record ("Rio") and this is a little video of one of the (untitled) songs. NZaganin Tele, TK Smith pickups, Tru-Arc, VHT amp and that’s it.

Have a great week!

Very nice, João. There is something interesting going on there with the timing that I can't quite put my finger on, but it is anything but square at that one point in the song. This is also quite different from the most recent music (vocal) you have written, as well as the older instrumental material as well. Or the jazz material that you wrote with Adam. I will look forward to hearing more of this new material.

Very nice, João. There is something interesting going on there with the timing that I can't quite put my finger on, but it is anything but square at that one point in the song. This is also quite different from the most recent music (vocal) you have written, as well as the older instrumental material as well. Or the jazz material that you wrote with Adam. I will look forward to hearing more of this new material.

– Ric12string

Bob, it's a 3/4 Waltz with a syncopated melody, a lot of times skipping the down beat. It will make more sense with bass and drums. ;) Yeah, these new songs have a different flavor to me, inspired by my time in Rio, playing with very special musicians there with the "color" of the town. Thanks for checking it out, pal.

Beautiful Joao! Good luck recording. I can’t wait to hear it!

Honestly, João, you could play that on a cigar box guitar and it would sound just as good, but I'm glad you used good gear!

Bravissimo!

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Gorgeous! Well done, João!

Pretty cool,João!

Be interesting to hear it with drums and bass,but i like it as is.

I thought of you last night, João, while watching the Brazilian Grand Prix with brother-Steve-who-makes-the-bridges. There were some aerial shots of Sao Paulo.

Then this new song from you. Synchronicity, small world, etc.

Any new Erbetta material is great to hear; I'll be looking forward to the whole project. Always interesting, always musical, always great guitar!

Pretty cool,João!

Be interesting to hear it with drums and bass,but i like it as is.

– JCHiggy

Right? Can't wait to play it with the guys!

Thanks gang! I'll add new ones as soon as I have them

I thought of you last night, João, while watching the Brazilian Grand Prix with brother-Steve-who-makes-the-bridges. There were some aerial shots of Sao Paulo.

Then this new song from you. Synchronicity, small world, etc.

Any new Erbetta material is great to hear; I'll be looking forward to the whole project. Always interesting, always musical, always great guitar!

– Proteus

Yeah! I used to be a F1 fan, back in the day when Senna and Piquet were around. I saw Senna win at Monaco, back in 1991... That was quite special. I miss you, Tim!

More music soon

I'm calling this one Wow Bluesbetta!

– Strummerson

Hahaha... Nice!

dig it, can hear an upright and skin head drums in my head. descending arpeggios on the bass.

I love listening to you playing just by yourself, João. So I can make up the rest in my head - everchanging, depending on the mood I'm in. Great original tunes and amazing tasteful covers - 'Tenderly' and the outstanding 'She's leaving home' version being favourites. I always enjoy that. Thanks for sharing!

And make sure to do some self-promotion whenever you're on tour anywhere. GDPers are spread around the whole world and I'm sure many would love to see you play live. I know I do.

So much talent on this site. Thanks for sharing!

So much talent on this site. Thanks for sharing!

– Opie

Joao single-handedly raises the talent average exponentially.

Register Sign in to join the conversation