Your Tunes

Vincent” - “Starry Starry Night”

The most popular rendition was probably Don McLean's. My guide for this arrangement was Chet Atkins' classic recording.

For this version, I added a few effects to give the tune some character. The only way to listen to this is with increased volume because it brings out the tone of the guitar.

Says video is unavailable. Could you give us the YouTube link please.

You might need to change your YouTube privacy settings Gene because YouTube is telling me "If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in."

Gotta say I'm really looking forward to hearing your version, I learnt Chet's version years ago but seem to have lost most of it!

Thanks for the heads-up on Youtube. I'll check it out.

This version has just been added to the Gretsch radio page. http://gretschpages.com/radio/

I was happy to learn that John Knowles gave this arrangement a "thumbs up" on Facebook. He is one of the very best.

Guys - I've checked and the video is "Public" and I'm able to access it.

I'm not sure what the problem is for others to view it. If you are still not able to see it, please post your comment here and I'll contact YouTube.

The only way to listen to this one is with increased volume because it brings out the tone of the guitar.

Thanks for checking in. Very much appreciated.

The YouTube link is:

Very nice. I enjoy your tunes.

That was extremely enjoyable Paolo! Exquisite use of harmonics. And I like what your eyes are looking at! (wink )

Very nicely done, Paolo. Nice tone also.

Grazie Dave and Gene!!!!!

Gene However, I like your version but reduce speed; This so romantic arrangement is to be enjoyed with the due calm !!!!

Grazie Dave and Gene!!!!!

Gene However, I like your version but reduce speed; This so romantic arrangement is to be enjoyed with the due calm !!!!

– Paolo_Spadaro

Thank you for your comment, Paolo, but I prefer to play the song the way that I recorded it. Slow is OK, but I get more "feeling" out of the way that I play it. Listening to a very slow rendition actually bores me a little. Too much "calm" for me is not good. I've been playing for over 60 years and I'm not about to change my style now. What I've learned during that time is the proper way to play. I get more feeling and purpose out of playing tunes the way that I play them. More like Jerry Reed than Chet. But thanks for your comment.

By the way, the Master himself, John Knowles, listened to my version and gave it a "thumbs up like" on my Facebook page. John knows more about guitars and music than you or I will ever know and I take his opinion as gospel.

Thank you, Baba Joe. Your comment is very much appreciated. Have you uploaded any tunes?

Register Sign in to join the conversation