Your Tunes

The Rectors in Philly

so my band The Rectors is tryin' to bring the psychobilly scene back to philly.

We've been busting our butts to get some covers and originals in order.

Mostly, I'm working on my vocals, I haven't ever been a vocalist before after many years in an instrumental band.

here's our cover of "boots are made for walkin'"

and our Crampsesque original Zombie Orgy

I'm trying to do the same thing when I come back up to philly in June, I can never find upright bassists

Make sure to shoot me a message when you're back. I only know 3 upright players in the whole of the city and all three are in pretty FT bands.

got any links of your tunes?

Make sure to shoot me a message when you're back. I only know 3 upright players in the whole of the city and all three are in pretty FT bands.

got any links of your tunes?

– Buddy Mercury

No clips right now, as I left for Louisville KY back in November and havent started a band down here, just took the time to write some new tunes, 50s rock and roll stuff. I'm moving back up in June, to Wynnewood, and really dying to get something started. I'm already assuming I won't find an upright player, so I'm gonna try to find a punk/garage bassist that wants to do rocked up greaser music

I was rehearsing before I left but just doing covers of ventures, cramps, reverend horton heat, johnny thunders etc..

I'm trying to do the same thing when I come back up to philly in June, I can never find upright bassists

– Chmason85

PM sent

PM sent

– charlie chitlins

Awesome! first gig with us!

Oh cool, I've been following The Rectors on facebook, you guys just played Rockabilly at the V, right? I'm in a Psychobilly-ish band too these days: Jaxy and the Three 57s, we just played a couple shows in Wilmington, Oddity and 1984. Let's do a show together! Our sing, Jacquee and her husband Jon, the upright bassist, has this band going in Las Vegas and Harrisburg Pa before moving back east after parenting.

David! sounds awesome shoot us a message and I'll hunt ya'll down on FB.

David! sounds awesome shoot us a message and I'll hunt ya'll down on FB.

– Buddy Mercury

I just followed you guys on Instagram today, cant wait to get back to Philly and see you play!

Sweet! I'm really stoked to start brining a psycho scene back to philly. There's venues that already wanna work with us on regular psycho nights and promoters who just wanna work with cool bands. (definitely check out the barbary)!

I'm so in, that's great to hear! I just gotta find a band now...lol

Awesome, thanks for you hard work. Cthulu Martini is another band you guys played with at Tusk, right? I don't get out much with a young child at home, plus we live in Media now, but I've been following what I can on social media.

Yup! Cthulu is one of the only other bands in the city. Great folks, love playing with em!

Philly swing dance society might be interested. Chestnut hill area if I recall

so my band The Rectors is tryin' to bring the psychobilly scene back to philly.

We've been busting our butts to get some covers and originals in order.

Mostly, I'm working on my vocals, I haven't ever been a vocalist before after many years in an instrumental band.

here's our cover of "boots are made for walkin'"

and our Crampsesque original Zombie Orgy

– Buddy Mercury

What if a dude wants to hear The Rector's latest but has a FB aversion? Help us out here, Buddy. That'd be cool. (The closest I get to Philly is our Aussie-made cream cheese.)

Lee Hazlewood just popped his coffin nails.

I do my best to make loving homages....just not necessarily good ones.

A zombie reference is a homage to your psychobilly genre, Buddy. (Something always gets lost in translation.)

If you want to bring Psychobilly back to Philly...you gotta call the Reach Around Rodeo Clowns!

Buddy, you sure do have those Grady Martin wide octave figures sounding very nice. They can be tough on the picking hand- quite fatiguing, quite quickly but you have a very relaxed right hand.

Splendid to hear that extremely cool trick executed so well.

Register Sign in to join the conversation