Your Tunes

Sweet Talk - The Colorifics- Minor Swing number

This is one of the first jazzy /swing type songs I ever wrote and one of the first Colorifics songs. I wrote the bass line too and recorded it initially with a casio keyboard's swing beat. Note the Sing Sing Sing with a Swing quote.

These recordings are so fun. Great, tight band. Is there any way of getting a DVD of this show?

I think this is the second video you have posted of your band, yes? I love your tone and playing, the song(s) are great and the band is great but dang I love the tasty stuff you're playing and the clean tone you're getting.

It looks like those are black top pickups, yes? Can you shed some light on the guitar you're using? Is it a 5420t?

And it would not hurt my feelings if you posted a slow song your band has done, I'm trying to get a guitar lesson out of these videos

Man, these are great! Your video-grapher did a great job and seems to know your music and when to aim the camera where. I wish I had videos as good. The music is great!

I'd like to hear your drummer more in the mix.

Great song Bernard! I think that this is my favorite song that you posted recently, with "Never You Mind", as second. I love the Jazzy style of this one, and the total cool groove. When people say that someone or something has "it", whatever that "it" is, you all have it!

I think this is the second video you have posted of your band, yes? I love your tone and playing, the song(s) are great and the band is great but dang I love the tasty stuff you're playing and the clean tone you're getting.

It looks like those are black top pickups, yes? Can you shed some light on the guitar you're using? Is it a 5420t?

And it would not hurt my feelings if you posted a slow song your band has done, I'm trying to get a guitar lesson out of these videos

– Mr_Christopher

I believe that it is a 6199 Convertable with a Bigsby mod. I'm pretty sure that is what Toxo called it in his last video.

– Mr_Christopher

Thanks very much! Actually i think this is the 5th or 6th video I've posted, Just putting them up as my drummer gets them edited and he's basically deciding which one he'll do.

This is my 1955 6199 convertible modified with 2 ,1960's hilotron pickups, a bigsby, a custom pickguard and a pickup selector switch mounted in the F-hole. ) and some decals...

It's true the mixes aren't all perfect. I could have another shot at them. I did it almost like live mixes and I'm doing it myself. I did run them all by my drummer. As soon as my drummer does one of the slow songs I'll happily post one.

A DVD is a cool idea.

Really enjoying these as they come up Toxophilite. So much to enjoy, especially the surface frivolity with something just a little darker pulsing beneath.

The trio format is so deliciously spacious. In lesser hands it would feel dangerously exposed, but you have such assurance and bubbling vitality in your playing that it's always a sparkling adventure as you bound like a mountain goat over the perilous peaks of those cute inversions and substitutions.

Lovely!

Hey thanks a lot! That's very kind of you. I'm glad you're enjoying the videos and music. Your comments as to the frivolity and darkness are spot on and you have a lovely way with words!

Register Sign in to join the conversation