Your Tunes

Stump Water - Jerry Reed

This is a cover of Jerry Reed’s part on the track Stump Water which appeared on the Album Me and Jerry in 1970. Chet’s part (a Gretsch) is panned hard right and Jerry’s Nylon String was panned hard left therefore I was able to use Chet’s part as my backing track by replacing the left channel with my rendition of Jerry’s performance. Hope you enjoy!

As Jerry would say..."Damn, son!"

That was great. Man, I wish I could do that.

Edit... That was even better after three times.

Thanks Suprdave I love how he used to say that! Thanks for giving it a listen and glad you liked it!

Thank you farmer brown

Another superb effort Andrew! Wonderfully clean banjo rolls! No indication that the tempo is an effort for you, the major area a lot of players attempting this tune fall prey to and any semblance to 'clean' goes out the window.

Another superb effort Andrew! Wonderfully clean banjo rolls! No indication that the tempo is an effort for you, the major area a lot of players attempting this tune fall prey to and any semblance to 'clean' goes out the window.

– Windsordave

Thanks Dave - glad you liked it!

Another "Damn, Son!" from me as well. You do that tune proud.

Thank you very much wabash and richie! Glad you guys liked it.

Had to listen again, this morning. Wonderful stuff.

Yep, Andrew, that just got my morning off to a good start. It is hard to dislike any uptempo Jerry Reed song, ain't it? Nice job.

Once again sir,brilliant!

Haha really pleased you liked listening to it a few times Suprdave and JC!

Thanks Ric12String - yeah I love his tunes - I've covered a few now and it's just worked out that way because I hear them and think they sound great and have to give them a go.

Sent the link to my sister Andrew and she was impressed all to hell!

Sent the link to my sister Andrew and she was impressed all to hell!

– Windsordave

Ha - thanks Dave - God bless her! I'm glad she liked it!

What a fabulous opportunity the binaural mono of super wide old fashioned stereo offers.

Only if you have the chops, mind. And that was bright, articulate, snappy- just superb throughout. I just love the way this style offers open strings played against fretted notes to give a guitar closed cluster harmony potential that it otherwise just doesn't possess.

Wonderful to hear the Atkins-Astro combo in action.

That's crazy "dayum" good brother! I wish I could do that too!

It aint easy playing Reed and you did it,

Thank you very much Ade, Wade and Paul.

Thanks for the kind words all.

Sounds great Andrew. Loved both parts. Gary

Register Sign in to join the conversation