Your Tunes

Soldier’s Joy

I'm into this bluegrass/celtic mood at the moment so here's another of my favourite tunes. Heard this on the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band album "Will the Circle be Unbroken" and loved it from then on. Hope you like it folks :)

Soldier's Joy

Kudos!

Excellent pickin' and recording...

I too have a love for bluegrass and celtic ...

I'm sure you probably have this record in your collection .. if not you should get it!

Jimmy Arnold - Southern Soul

Most excellent, Taffy. That brought back a lot of memories for me. Some of my very early OJT was playing second for some of the old fiddlers around the Konawa/Sasakwa area where I grew up. Some of my fondest memories were at the Old Fiddlers' Contest they used to have every year in Konawa. You should have seen this 8 year old boy playing second for an 85 year old fiddler, John Prewitt. He won his division every year. There were 2 groups of contestants. Over 50 and Under 50. Those were the good old days. Soldier's Joy was one of the old standards that a lot of them played, along with The 8th Day Of January, Over The Waves, and so many more. Thanks for the memories.

I always enjoy your arrangements. Good chops on that one. The Jerry Reed ending fit just perfect. Nice job.

Infectiously toe-tapping stuff, clever arrangement very well played, I really liked this.

That's the great thing about music Rich, it can take you back to forgotten times good or bad. Glad I was able to revive some for you :) Thanks for the good words guys, your encouragement makes me want to play better than before :D

Register Sign in to join the conversation