Miscellaneous Rumbles

Anyone wanna jam?

Hey guys, I live just outside of Philadelphia and am seeing how many of you are in the area and maybe wanna hang out and jam? I know redrocker is local, anyone else? Not gonna lie, my playing is not where I really wanna be and seeing if any of you would be willing to trade licks and show me some rockabilly/surf stuff? I need some fresh inspiration and would love to meet some more GDP members. Nothing formal, just hang out on my porch, plug in and let 'er rip!

I recommend you check out the Baltimore roundup at the end of the month. Check this site's "Happenings" section.

I recommend you check out the Baltimore roundup at the end of the month. Check this site's "Happenings" section.

– Otter

What goes on at these "roundups" I hear about? Not a smartass question, I just have no idea, is it a big jam session, or like a trade show type deal? Sounds fun!

I feel like me jamming with some serious rockabilly cats would be not unlike the new guy in prison getting gangbanged in the shower lol. Sorry if that was too graphic of an analogy

More of a jam session. Often there will be a full stage setup with amps, drums, etc and anybody is welcome to play with anybody. Sometimes people will arrange beforehand a list of songs to practice, but there's plenty of time for ad-hoc jams.

If Joe Carducci is in attendance it's likely he'll bring some cool new Gretsch gear to show off.

Good people, good tunes, good food (and drink). Players of all ability are welcome and encouraged. There's no competition.

Chmason85, Where in the Philly area are you? I'm up in Central PA but get down to the Philly area regularly.

As for the Round-Ups: they are a very low key, low stress gathering of like-minded players at ALL levels of skill, talent, and ability. I'm at the low end of the aforementioned scale and have always had a grand time at the Round-ups both listening and playing.

The Balto-Round Up is a splendid time to be had. Bring your self, your guitar (or guitars) and share in a great musical day!

Tonight in Berlin, right across the bridge, Billy D Light has a fun jam at Filomena's Cucina Rustica...straight down rt 30 in West Berlin 7-11-ish. 13 Cross Keys Rd

Redrocker shows up every now and again, but Billy hooks up players, and it's very loose, easy and fun to play there.

C'mon out.

That's a long way to drive from Indiana.

Yes, I recommend both the Baltimore roundup and Billy D LIght's open mic at Filomena's — both are really great scenes!

I'd make the open mic tonight, but a friend is in from out of town and I'm getting together for dinner with him in Philly.

Yes. Balto-DC and Billy are good choices.

Chmason85, Where in the Philly area are you? I'm up in Central PA but get down to the Philly area regularly.

As for the Round-Ups: they are a very low key, low stress gathering of like-minded players at ALL levels of skill, talent, and ability. I'm at the low end of the aforementioned scale and have always had a grand time at the Round-ups both listening and playing.

The Balto-Round Up is a splendid time to be had. Bring your self, your guitar (or guitars) and share in a great musical day!

– Crippled Lion

I'm in Narberth, only 15 mins outside the city, I'd love to meet up next time you're in the area! Where in PA are you located?

I would yes.

I'm in bucks county

How far from Narberth are you?

About 35 minutes in off hour traffic.

Filomenas...49 minutes 31 miles

Gasmoney + crowbone, either of you guys wanna meet up one of these days soon? Im not working at the moment, so my weekdays are free

I'm in Trenton three or four days a week. It's not too far away so I'm definitely down to jam after work one day.

I really need to make it out to Billy's open mic night again soon, too.

Gasmoney + crowbone, either of you guys wanna meet up one of these days soon? Im not working at the moment, so my weekdays are free

– Chmason85

Sounds cool, but my kids overtook my studio...but, if you don't go to the Baltimore jam, go to Dirty Franks, 9th & Pine in philly..Fred's band, Gasmoney blows the roof off the joint there for their annual chili contest.

Sweet! I'm looking to play with anyone I can from the GDP! Just for fair warning, consider me at like Johnny ramone level, relatively speaking. I've played for many years but only by ear, which has served me well, but I really wanna learn from the more experienced players and fill in the many gaps. I learned by playing along to punk records, but that got pretty boring a while ago, then I discovered surf and rockabilly a few years ago and it's like a lightbulb went off and I'd found exactly what I didn't know I was looking for!

Sounds cool, but my kids overtook my studio...but, if you don't go to the Baltimore jam, go to Dirty Franks, 9th & Pine in philly..Fred's band, Gasmoney blows the roof off the joint there for their annual chili contest.

– crowbone

Ahh yes, dirty franc's as we call it in the industry lol. I don't drink but id love to see them play! In my former years I was a locust bar guy when I worked at 10th and spruce.

And we don't need a studio, the invite to my place is open, I have an area we can jam, it's nice and open

I live two hours north of you. Pa ny border, just off 81. When i get back from alaska, your welcome to come up and jam out

I live two hours north of you. Pa ny border, just off 81. When i get back from alaska, your welcome to come up and jam out

Is that around Allentown munman?

Register Sign in to join the conversation