Your Tunes

Original Song - “Look the Other Way”

Happy Thanksgiving, Gretschpagers! I hope you all stay safe, healthy, and happy. I wrote a quickie song about a time when I was really happy. Kind of wistful and nostalgic. And I got to practice my crappy fingerpicking. Then I changed the words around. I apologize if the revamped version offends anyone. Joey P.

Link

Reflective, sardonic, weary.

It's like a brightly coloured boiled sweet which is surprisingly, compellingly sour.

The homespun fingerpicking is just right. Sets the atmosphere perfectly.

You could have opened for Country Joe.

Great stuff. Love your voice... What part-o-America is that accent from?I’m guessing NOrth.

I like it! Has an early Dylan-ish era feel to it that I find relaxing.....takes me back.

Thanks, all. I can't sing. And I can't fingerpick. But I'm getting less self-conscious about both. I was always just the lead guitarist. Nowadays, I find songwriting more satisfying. It's like trying to solve a puzzle.

eCastro, I'm a mid-Atlantic states guy. The singing on this song--i'm embarrassed to admit--is more a product of Wild Turkey 101 or Buffalo Trace than my demographics.

NJ Bob, i Googled Country Joe and came up w/ his anti-Vietnam song. I heard it before but it's freakin' glorious. This country is in a tailspin and asleep at the wheel.

Ade & WindorDave, I've heard your stuff. You're both real artists. I'm just a drunk with a $200 Yamaha acoustic. Your comments are appreciated.

"I'm just a drunk with a $200 Yamaha acoustic." - Jopapa

It sounded good to me! I also use a $200 Yamaha acoustic. They sound fantastic.

Absolutely loved it! More, please.

"I'm just a drunk with a $200 Yamaha acoustic." - Jopapa

It sounded good to me! I also use a $200 Yamaha acoustic. They sound fantastic.

– BuddyHollywood

Nothing quite as liberating as a cheap guitar.

Absolutely loved it! More, please.

– wgnhim

Thanks so much!

A drinker with an acoustic...hmmm...

Gene Clark, Hank Williams, Don Gibson and many more- you're in good company.

Just look after yourself, is all!

Register Sign in to join the conversation