Your Tunes

One of My Songs - Never You Mind

Nice song and great pickin’!

Edit: see post 17 for the video. I didn’t start this thread. The OP deleated his first post so it’s ownershipped passed to me. I hate when this happens.

Yeahman! Great fusion of the uptempo-jazz-clever-lyric subgenre and jazzabilly pickin' in the song. Not to mention fabulous subtle drumming, propulsive bass, swingin' guitar rhythm, and a fetching and expressive singer with a great voice and engaging stage presence.

Kudos all the way'round. Everything I've heard by the Colorifics is indeed both colorful and terrific. Keep it up!

Are there album-length collections?

Yeahman! Great fusion of the uptempo-jazz-clever-lyric subgenre and jazzabilly pickin' in the song. Not to mention fabulous subtle drumming, propulsive bass, swingin' guitar rhythm, and a fetching and expressive singer with a great voice and engaging stage presence.

Kudos all the way'round. Everything I've heard by the Colorifics is indeed both colorful and terrific. Keep it up!

Are there album-length collections?

– Proteus

Thanks very much! We have 4 full length original albums They can be found here for free auditioning or purchasing whatever takes your fancy, no obligation. Click on the album icons to the right to check out the previous albums. That particular song is off of 'Where There's smoke' https://thecolorifics.bandc...

We just recorded and filmed this whole show so I can finally get some decent quality video up. Too much time spent writing, playing and monkeying with guitars. I have to remember to keep up with the promo hooey. Definitely not my forte.

Extraordinarily well composed and performed. I can imagine this fusion of jazz and latin styles would be a big hit in LA, Miami, New Orleans and New York.

That was tremendous, Bernard. Really strong on every front. Really nice playing on your part, but the bass and drummer were also quite good, particularly the drummer. He played with expression.

That guitar looks exceedingly deep. Is it 3" in depth?

I really enjoyed watching and listening to your band. What a lovely song, and singer! I totally dig your guitar style, very well done. This reminds me of an old era of music, from my childhood. Thank you for sharing this with us, I can't wait to see more.

That was tremendous, Bernard. Really strong on every front. Really nice playing on your part, but the bass and drummer were also quite good, particularly the drummer. He played with expression.

That guitar looks exceedingly deep. Is it 3" in depth?

– Ric12string

Thank you. I am lucky to have an excellent rhythm section. I have played with the drummer, John Rule, for at least 20 years, He is excellent! A perfect combination of effervescence and solidity and a super nice guy. He really gets into it ,which is always great.

Elmar Spanier on Bass is a relatively new addition. He used to play with Billy Cowsill and also with the Blue Shadows when Billy was in town and still alive. Now he seems to be the goto Latin and tribute band guy around town, a masterful, yet down to earth bass player.

That's a 55 6199 Convertible 3 3/8 - 3.5" deep. I like big guitars!

Thanks Sorry about that I got confused as to where it should be. The youtube section (where I put it first) isn't just peoples own videos, then I saw the 'your tunes' section and thought it should be there, and then was confused and though what the hell.

Pretty cool that,lovely geet too!

Super fun, cool tune, and well played!!

Excellent, and very tight.. !

Great song , playing, singing and sounds !

I enjoyed this. Not my primary taste in music but l like the tempo and beat. The vocalist is quite enchanting.

Love it! Thanks for putting it back up, I really dig your band, your guitar work is excellent! I've seen several of these videos, and I think there is a lot of great chemistry going on.

Up for air!

I think this is my second favorite tune (behind "Barely Alive") from this show. It's fun all the way through, right down to the end where Sarah appears to be laughing at something (a cute little kid, perhaps?) in the front row.

Register Sign in to join the conversation