Your Tunes

New (well, sort-of) instrumental

I wrote this song in the mid-nineties, but I was never pleased with the lyrics ( a cheesy love scenario, LOL...), so it's been in the back of my head - poor thing - for all these years. Then recently it hit me that it could make a nice instrumental. Just had to rename it, and the lack of a decent summer over here the last coupla years felt like an appropriately "moody" topic. No, it's not about a sexually frustrated girl named Summer. (Did I just write that...? !#$@% )

So during the easter, my son and I recorded it, using his Mac w/ProTools. He plays drums on it, and I do" the rest". Main melody is played on my Gretsch 6120AM, neck position (TVJ Magna'Tron), then there's a Strat, a double tracked Martin D42LE, and a no-name, cheapo P-bass. Amp: Fender 6G6-B. I realize it would have been better with a Dyna-equippedlead guitar, but I don't have one... 8-o

Anyway, here it is. Hope you enjoy it.

Summer Never Came

Anders

VERY nicely done! Sounds familiar, but probably because I can hear the sounds of Duane, Hank (Marvin), and the Ventures in your arrangement. ;-)

I must say you both play impeccably well, adding to my desire to also record something with my own son - roles reversed, however!8-)

Once again, well played and thanks for sharing.:D

nice! that Maggie gets quite close to dyna territory, and i like the echoing Bigsby rhythm guitar on the second-go-round...nicely done!

Anders - that's a lovely tune and it has a great vibe to it! Love the main guitar sound, but the "steel" guitar also sounds ace.

Still got your album in my car!

cheers

Johnny

Wow Jukka, that was really nice. I loved your tone.

Anders, that was terrific, I loved every facet of it! :)

What a great melody... nice playing too. Would have been a hit for Duane Eddy if he'd recorded it in the 60's! :)

Register Sign in to join the conversation