Your Tunes

new album for side project. Trucker rock!

I had been wanting to do this project for over a year now, and finally got it done! Most of you know that I front the rockabilly band "The Number 9 Blacktops". 12 years now! 10 countries, 5 albums, recorded with Rick Miller and Southern Culture on the Skids, toured the US countless times, and opened for Chuck Berry 4 times (and watched him back his car into our tour van!). On the past 3 Blacktops albums I recorded I always sneak a trucker song on there. I had the idea to do a side project called "The Franklin County Trucking Company", and finally made it happen. The album is 10 tunes (2 covers). I wrote half, and Sean Hopkins from Dallas Alice (Louisville, KY, I moonlight on lead guitar for them) wrote half. Eddie Spaghetti from the Supersuckers plays bass and sings harmonies, and former Number 9 Blacktops' drummer Taylor Sprehe is back on the drums. The album came out great, and SirusXM's Outlaw Country has been VERY good to it. I'm super proud of it, and hope ya'll give it a good listen! Tons of my Gretsches through Fender combos and Marshall heads! Link

Only listened to a little bit but I already like it! Reminds me of Dale Watson's Trucking series meets the Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash/The Bottle Rockets!

Only listened to a little bit but I already like it! Reminds me of Dale Watson's Trucking series meets the Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash/The Bottle Rockets!

– Mark Nason

I'll take that for sure! The Bottle Rockets are hometown boys, only a few hours away from me

Don't play these while driving! It'd pretty much guarantee you a speeding ticket.

Peterbilt tune is rockin it. I like it.

Truly badass and that means lowdown great countrified rock 'n roll. Love the growl of that guitar and the voice of the singer to bring it all together......NICE!

Register Sign in to join the conversation