Your Tunes

New album by And How (hilosean)

Another great production, Sean. You keep outdoing your prior effort, so you are still achieving positive growth with each successive album. Keep 'em coming.

Another great production, Sean. You keep outdoing your prior effort, so you are still achieving positive growth with each successive album. Keep 'em coming.

– beatbyrd

Thanks so much for that!

Sounds good!

– Hipbone

Thanks, man!

Well done. Feels good to have it done, doesn't it?

Well done. Feels good to have it done, doesn't it?

– Suprdave

It does, Superdave! I recorded it on a stand-alone recorder and the SD card was a fake (don't buy a 3 dollar card on ebay)! During playback of mix master there was weird crackle and nasty distortion on every song. I narrowed it down to the kick drum track. DOOMED! I did a firmware update on the recorder, erased the drums on every song and played over the top with new drum tracks the best I could! Click was long recorded over, so it was a task. All that said, I learned a lot about time, and might be a bit "better" of a drummer after this.....but I never want to go about it this way again!!! So yes, it feels good to have it done alright.

Ooof! That sounds like a task. I downloaded my tracks this weekend to CDBaby and Our release is set for May.

I am excited because we started this project two years ago.

Ooof! That sounds like a task. I downloaded my tracks this weekend to CDBaby and Our release is set for May.

I am excited because we started this project two years ago.

– Suprdave

Awesome! Be sure to post it for us Gretsch folk in May!!

I'm really getting into this Hilosean. I listen repeatedly- songs are like shoes, you've got to wear them for a bit to get truly comfy.

Beatbyrd is so right with his remarks- you've found an extra dimension of production throughout this latest suite of songs. Little touches that really enhance the experience and give each piece a distinctive identity- the immersive organ-type sound on the chords of Around, the tremolo with high overtones on Strain, the jagged insistence of Watching Me Disappear.

Still happily prominent is the Major 7th loveliness of many of your chord progressions and the close-miked singing.

There's more to follow as I dive into more of your shimmering pool of songs.

I'm really getting into this Hilosean. I listen repeatedly- songs are like shoes, you've got to wear them for a bit to get truly comfy.

Beatbyrd is so right with his remarks- you've found an extra dimension of production throughout this latest suite of songs. Little touches that really enhance the experience and give each piece a distinctive identity- the immersive organ-type sound on the chords of Around, the tremolo with high overtones on Strain, the jagged insistence of Watching Me Disappear.

Still happily prominent is the Major 7th loveliness of many of your chord progressions and the close-miked singing.

There's more to follow as I dive into more of your shimmering pool of songs.

– ade

Thank you ADE, If only my songs were as lovely and complex as you describe them! I appreciate the compliments!

Register Sign in to join the conversation