Your Tunes

Me, Paul Pigat and Tommy Harkenrider

The boys having fun at Pete Curry´s "Powow Fun Room". This is a song I wrote called "Blues for Tim":

Wonderful!

Nice playing and wonderful sounds, too. Thanks!

Very, very cool guys! Paul's steady rhythm along with Tommy's licks backing Joao's haunting melody is just superb!

nice to see the fellahs

blues in A....

like the little pedal steel riffs in mix

joao gettin his early les paul recordings sound on

cheers

So, what else can you 3 do...?

Ha!

It should be at a minimum in a Movie Soundtrack.

Well, that's a lovely and relaxing drip from the main vein there, ideal for a rainy evening after a hectic day - like a gift from some of my truly-favorite players.

Tim who?

I would totally pay to see this show!

Seriously. I'd buy any album that any combination of the three of you made. But preferrably all three.

Seriously. I'd buy any album that any combination of the three of you made. But preferrably all three.

– Strummerson

+1. Love it!

I'm loving it! Really enjoyable. Tico Tico no Fubá ain't too shabby, either.

I'm with the others asking for a recording.

Simply splendiferous!

Well that was special. Very nice.

Pure class gentleman!

Well, that's a lovely and relaxing drip from the main vein there, ideal for a rainy evening after a hectic day - like a gift from some of my truly-favorite players.

Tim who?

– Proteus

Thanks guys! More to come soon

"Tim" as in Tim Luntzel, my good friend and a helluva bass player, funny and smart who passed away last September. I had the fortune of playing lots of gigs with him and to have him on my trio when I was in NYC.

:)

Oh that was great. Are you cooking an album or an EP or such? Want!!!!

Nice,them guys are always the best!

This reminds me of the videos from the “Greats of Jazz Guitar” tour where they trotted out all the old lions back in the late ‘70s - with Tommy as Herb Ellis, Joao as Barney Kessel, and Paul as Charlie Byrd. Film the next one wearing polyester suits and you’ll be right there!

This reminds me of the videos from the “Greats of Jazz Guitar” tour where they trotted out all the old lions back in the late ‘70s - with Tommy as Herb Ellis, Joao as Barney Kessel, and Paul as Charlie Byrd. Film the next one wearing polyester suits and you’ll be right there!

– Junior Q Man (Ryan M)

Hahaha Nice!

Beautiful!

I am serious that you three should consider a record. Just stuff like this. Or maybe a double bass and a drummer with a delicate touch using brushes on a snare and high-hat (and foot on the floor for the bass).

What year is that lovely 330 you get such a soulful sound out of?

Register Sign in to join the conversation