Your Tunes

Mansion On The Hill

Yep. It says, "Hank Williams," big and loud. It also says thanks to Duane Eddy for developing one of the best sounding guitar styles in history. Record sales prove it.

Hank was always my hero, as Duane has been and still is. I used to play out in our back yard and use a persimmon sapling for a microphone and a stick for a guitar and sing Hey Good Lookin' as loud as I could. I'm sure Mom and Dad thought I was about half cracked. If I was, it was all their fault.

So, this is in lieu of a Gospel song for this Sunday. It is my new G6120DE through the 25L15, and the other guitar at the key change is my Leo Fender guitar, the G&L Legacy, through the same amp. Good song, good lyrics (although I am not singing), good tempo (marching tempo)... well, it's just a good old country song. I hope you enjoy it.

Tonight, I sit by my window...

Thanks for sharing another great performance, Richard!

Richard, thanks for posting. As allways, really enjoy your playing!

Do you have any CD's for purchase??? If so, please PM me as to how I can get these.

Thanks again, and keep'em coming.

Beautiful as always. Thanks Richard! Love the tone of the DE.

Thank you, thank you. As you may know, Hank Williams was my idol and musical mentor. What a great start to our Sunday morning!

Duane

Duane, you and I have talked about Hank Williams a lot, and Chet. It made me feel good when I found out that we both have many of the same musical influences. When I was listening to clips from your album, Twang A Country Song, and this song was on there I couldn't rest until I tried it. I don't have the album, but just the little blurps I heard was some of your best work, I think. It is outstanding. Someday, I will figure out how to get a copy. I hope you and Deed have a fantastic day together today.

Thanks Bear85 and silverjetstaff. That's very kind of you to take the time to listen. Razor, my website is malfunctioning at the moment, but two of my CD's, Thinkin' Of Chet and Down Home Classics are available on CD Baby. I think most of the popular download sites have individual mp3's. Thank you for the kind words. Hopefully my website will be back up soon.

Man, that was great! Always loved Hank Sr, and this is such a great tune. I've never heard Duane play it, and didn't realize how much it lends itself to that "Eddy Treatment". Thanks!

Thanks again Richard.

Just ordered both your disc's from CD Baby!

Thanks mark t. It looks like I may have to do a little backtracking here, because now I am not sure if Duane recorded this or not. I must have been dreaming, but if he didn't, wouldn't it be nice if he would? Perfect, as mark t said, for Duane's treatment. I looked at the track listing for Twang A Country Song and it wasn't there. Sorry about the misleading, but I guess in my mind I could just hear Duane playing it.

If Duane didn't play it, I'll bet it would sound similar to your version if he did. :D

What more can I say my brother? My three favorite guitar pickers are Duane, Chet and you. Excellent job Richard.

Thanks Brother Bear. Health and healing prayers sent your way. Isn't it amazing? Almost 60 years since Rebel Rouser took the world by storm and Duane's style of music still sounds good today, even when so poorly played like I do.

Now now,we'll have none of that talk Richard! :)

Beautiful as usual Sir.

Thanks Brother Bear. Health and healing prayers sent your way. Isn't it amazing? Almost 60 years since Rebel Rouser took the world by storm and Duane's style of music still sounds good today, even when so poorly played like I do.

– Richard Hudson

– Richard Hudson

I would give up my left testicle if I could play that poorly. 8-o :D

Thanks Richard. Loved the song.

It got me to thinking about the classic country songs I love and I ended up listening to quite a few of them. I started with Hank's version of this song which led to Charley Pride's "Crystal Chandeliers". Then to Charley's version of "A Mansion on the Hill." Eventually got to George's "She Thinks I Still Care." Then I found a version of that song done by James Taylor which turned out to be pretty good although not as good as George's version. Also ran across a surprisingly decent live version by Beck. I also ran into this version of "Love Bug" with George Jones and Johnny Paycheck that includes what looks like a Gretsch with Filtertrons and thumbnails but a with black Gretsch pickguard . All in all a nice evening break inspired by Richard. Thanks again.

I love the way you get right under the skin of what you play, and head directly to the point of the music. That ability to discern what a piece of music is truly about is a mark of real musicianship, and it's an ability you show consistently in everything I've ever heard you play.

You're getting a great tone from that DE Richard and of course the playing is once again.......exceptional :D

High strung acoustic...so pretty.

I started my tire business from scratch. One day a few years back, my wife was sitting at her desk with both hands to her lips and tears in her eyes. She said, "I can't believe people just walk through our door and buy tires from us." Folks do have choices, you know, and it does get a little overwhelming sometimes. I have much the same reaction here sometimes. And I really mean this sincerely. I just do what I enjoy doing. I have been blessed to be able to purchase some good equipment and have learned a little about recording. I have been fortunate to have been around some of the very best and I have learned from them. I just play and sing what I feel and your comments are humbling. Especially when I realize the level of talent that is saying those nice things. Some have said that I am modest, but I am being honest with you. When I guess some of the right notes and get the knobs twisted pretty close to right sometimes,... and you notice? Well, that's more than I could ask. Thank you.

Register Sign in to join the conversation