Your Tunes

Love In The Second Degree - an original song for a change

Hey all, it's been a long time since I posted one of my songs so thought it about time. This is a new one I just got a demo together for. I still have to work out the lyrics for the verses so just sung/mumbled whatever I thought of at the time lol. Let me know what you think guys any feedback appreciated

Love In The Second Degree

I like it a lot. I can hear a couple of distinct influences in there. I'd pay good money to listen to that.

Your songs are always nice. This one is a sidetrack to your normal Chet/Jerry fingerpicking but I really liked it a lot. Is Nashville turning you country?

Sounds pretty good sir,but to me its crying out for an electric 12 !

Different for sure Paul, but still good stuff!

Hey all, it's been a long time since I posted one of my songs so thought it about time. This is a new one I just got a demo together for. I still have to work out the lyrics for the verses so just sung/mumbled whatever I thought of at the time lol. Let me know what you think guys any feedback appreciated

Love In The Second Degree

– Taffy

Don't change a thing, Paul. Boy, are you a quiet achiever?! This is a great full-production song, worthy of Willie Nelson, no less!

Thanks a lot guys, Superdave I grew up listening to country music so it's always been a part of my musical influences.

Great job, Taffy! I liked that a lot. Different from what we have known you to create. But, this shows that you are even more talented than we had understood before.

You suggest that the vocals may not yet be finished, if I read your post correctly. If that is the case, may I suggest that you bring the vocals a little further forward in the mix? There were times when I was straining to hear the lyric over the music.

And, I'm with Higgy. Add a Rickenbacker 12-string and it will just pop out of that mix.

It's great hearing the confidence of someone with nothing to prove. Every note serves the song.

The piano is really effective, just great the way it doubles the opening/closing riffs and powering the rhythm of the end figure. The Tele is terrific throughout- intelligent layers and a sweetly gutteral solo.

And it's catchy. Catchy as can be. Get those verse lyrics done, go easy on the pickup trucks and cut-off jeans, if you please!

Thanks Bob, Ade. I'll be making a remix once I finish the verse lyrics and will take into account your suggestions which I appreciate BTW. My nylon string is synth able and the GR-55 has a Ric 12 string in it's settings so I can give that a go.

Register Sign in to join the conversation