Your Tunes

It’s Been a Long, Long Time (Chet and Les)

Hi Guys,

I am a new one here . I thought I'd share my cover of Chester and Lester "It's Been a Long, Long Time", I am using a Jazzmaster for Les' parts and Gretsch 6122-59 for Chet's parts. I hope you enjoy it.

()

Thanks RJ

Nice job,and great tone to boost ! Welcome to the pages,lots of nice folks here with more talent than can be stood,you're in good company.

Thanks Opie and Mark. Nice to be here.

From Australia

RJ

That was great RJ,welcome aboard sir!

Hello and welcome. Nice playing!

That was wonderful! It was as fun to watch you play it as it was to listen. Great job, and welcome!

First, welcome to all things Gretsch! What a fantastic accomplishment! You managed to capture the styles and passion of both Chet & Les. This video is something to be very proud of.

I'd like to see you tackle a similar video of a Chet and Lenny tune!

WOW!! Fabulous work, mrsonar!!

Welcome to the GDP!!

thanks for the very kind comments and very warm welcomes everyone. It is very much appreciated. Stay Safe!

RJ

REALLY nice! I enjoyed the way you tweaked Les's part near the end of the song. Well, actually, I enjoyed everything about this. Thanks for sharing it and welcome to what is probably the best guitar group floating around cyberspace.

Terrific contrast between the two parts. Not just the wiry Jazzmaster vs the lush Gretsch tones and specific echo treatments, but in the way you play the two parts with a totally distinct approach and touch.

The varispeed effect at 2:50 is so apt. Totally Les in that moment.

Lovely!

REALLY nice! I enjoyed the way you tweaked Les's part near the end of the song. Well, actually, I enjoyed everything about this. Thanks for sharing it and welcome to what is probably the best guitar group floating around cyberspace.

– wgnhim

Thanks. I managed to get the Les Paul's famous vari-speed recording techniques on my DAW, it was fun to do.

RJ

Terrific contrast between the two parts. Not just the wiry Jazzmaster vs the lush Gretsch tones and specific echo treatments, but in the way you play the two parts with a totally distinct approach and touch.

The varispeed effect at 2:50 is so apt. Totally Les in that moment.

Lovely!

– ade

Thanks Ade. I always wanted to do that typical Les Paul vari-speed high octave techniques, I am finally able to do it in Logic recording software. There's vari-speed function, where I record ed the part at half speed and played it back on normal speed. Very interesting indeed.

RJ

Great job. Nice tone and playing. I did not know about the v-speed technique. That was interesting. Welcome.

Also I meant to ask what amp or pedal did you use to get your recording into your DAW.

Also I meant to ask what amp or pedal did you use to get your recording into your DAW.

– GaryL

Hi Gary, The amp is Fender Deluxe Reverb (recorded through OX), the echo is an old Vox tape echo machine. There's some post processing on the EQ, and a bit of reverb was added in the final mix. And that was it.

RJ

That was really great RJ!

Thank you Paolo and Niel.

RJ

As Les Said in the middle of that recording....

“Sounds good, Mary”

As Les Said in the middle of that recording....

“Sounds good, Mary”

– Tele295

Haha . Did he have a sense of humour!

Nicely done. I liked it very much. Glad that you joined us, too.

Thanks Jim and Thanks Dave!

RJ

Register Sign in to join the conversation