Your Tunes

I’ll Follow The Sun

I'm not sure how to add a link and will give it a try. I added "I'll Follow The Sun" to the audio page. This is one of my favorite Chet Beatles song arrangements. I grew up on Chet's Beatles album and could never figure out what he was doing for the longest time. I wonder how George liked it? I know Paul went to Chet's house at one time. Thanks, GaryL

Link

I'm not sure how to add a link and will give it a try. I added "I'll Follow The Sun" to the audio page. This is one of my favorite Chet Beatles song arrangements. I grew up on Chet's Beatles album and could never figure out what he was doing for the longest time. I wonder how George liked it? I know Paul went to Chet's house at one time. Thanks, GaryL

Link

– GaryL

Excellent work Gary! Not fair to keep us guessing though as to what guitar you're playing ...

That was great, Gary. You keep playing those Beatles songs and you'll get along well around here.

That was great, Gary. You keep playing those Beatles songs and you'll get along well around here.

– Richard Hudson

Amen to That!

If he continues to play any songs like that, he will get along quite well around here.

Thanks all for the nice comments. I should have added the guitar information up front and I'll try to remember that next time . For "I'll Follow The Sun" I used 2 guitars. For backup I used an inexpensive Yamaha acoustic (about $250) and I don't remember the model F something. My son has it. For Chet's GREAT arrangement I used a nice Tacoma acoustic that we no longer have and wish we did. I don't remember the model, however that particular model had a bad batch of guitars made by Tacoma. For some reason, the wood was not properly cured and over time the finish would peel off. On some days I could peel off the finish in 2 - 3 inch strips. Eventually there was not much left. Tacoma had guaranteed those guitars for life. Then Fender bought Tacoma and they honored the guarantee if you had paperwork showing you were the original owner. My son had the paperwork, he had the option of getting cash or a Fender guitar. He sent it back and got $700 which was what he paid about 15 years earlier. A pretty good guarantee and absolutely no hassles from Fender. You occasionally see those guitars on ebay. It had a great sound and was a hard to play. I wish we still had it. GaryL

Register Sign in to join the conversation