Your Tunes

I have a new Album (And How)

I'm listening right now. Thanks for the cool music!

I finished it and pressed play again.

– BuddyHollywood

Thanks, man! My first repeat listener, I appreciate it!

Nice. Has a kind of Harry Nilsson vibe.

Is it just you on the tracks, or is it a band project?

Nice. Has a kind of Harry Nilsson vibe.

Is it just you on the tracks, or is it a band project?

– Jimbodiddley

Only me hitting, plucking, yelling, ect.

Thanks for the Nilsson tag!

Belle and Sebastian vibe this time! Enjoyable as usual.

Nicely done, Sean! You do a great job, most impressive. I just got a Singular Sound Beat Buddy drum machine pedal, and an Aeros Loop Studio, so I can start doing this sort of thing myself. My creativity has been suffering since I haven't played with anyone else for over a year now. I'm going to try my hand at being a One Man Band, it's been since the 1980's and 90's that I did any home recording, and that was on a Fostex 4 track record machine. Things sure are different this time around!

I'm continually amazed by just how much music you can create, Sean. Your productivity level is so high.

Jack makes a great comparison with Belle & Sebastian. Similar lightness of touch, dreamy chords and a hint of something stronger and darker just beneath the surface. Like seeing the ripple when a big fish moves in the water.

I listened to the first three tracks today, really pleased to hear you continue to explore new variations of your signature touches of Major 7th chords and unusual bass movements that so often follow the vocal line and ignore root notes- such a great recurring motif. I'm looking forward to diving into the cool clear water for more later.

Belle and Sebastian vibe this time! Enjoyable as usual.

– Jack Fourrier

Thanks so much, Jack!

Nicely done, Sean! You do a great job, most impressive. I just got a Singular Sound Beat Buddy drum machine pedal, and an Aeros Loop Studio, so I can start doing this sort of thing myself. My creativity has been suffering since I haven't played with anyone else for over a year now. I'm going to try my hand at being a One Man Band, it's been since the 1980's and 90's that I did any home recording, and that was on a Fostex 4 track record machine. Things sure are different this time around!

– Wade H

Thanks, Wade! Glad to hear that you're going to be doing some recording! You're way ahead of the game if you can figure out how to use drum machines and loop things. Most of us just hit record and hope we don't screw up too badly for next 3 minutes! If 4 track recorders feel right to you, you might want to check out a digital porta-studio. That's what I use. It's just like my old cassette multitrack. Just plug in a mic and go! No learning curve, nothing in the way to get it all "on tape."

I'm continually amazed by just how much music you can create, Sean. Your productivity level is so high.

Jack makes a great comparison with Belle & Sebastian. Similar lightness of touch, dreamy chords and a hint of something stronger and darker just beneath the surface. Like seeing the ripple when a big fish moves in the water.

I listened to the first three tracks today, really pleased to hear you continue to explore new variations of your signature touches of Major 7th chords and unusual bass movements that so often follow the vocal line and ignore root notes- such a great recurring motif. I'm looking forward to diving into the cool clear water for more later.

– ade

Thanks ade! I love how your poetic style of writing makes it sound like I actually know what I'm doing! I always appreciate your kindness and insight.

Listening now - enjoying it a lot Very melodious, and to my old ears, it has a bit of the sound of 60's folk rock hippy music. Since I was a folk rock hippy myself in the late 60s, this is a good thing. Very well done, thanks for sharing!

Listening now - enjoying it a lot Very melodious, and to my old ears, it has a bit of the sound of 60's folk rock hippy music. Since I was a folk rock hippy myself in the late 60s, this is a good thing. Very well done, thanks for sharing!

– NSM

Thanks! My dad was a radio guy and gave me all the old records. When the station went country in the 80's my collection increased! Hope you thought you heard some John Sebastian in there!

Thanks! My dad was a radio guy and gave me all the old records. When the station went country in the 80's my collection increased! Hope you thought you heard some John Sebastian in there!

– hilosean

"Hope you thought you heard some John Sebastian in there!"

I did, actually - I was a big Lovin' Spoonful fan, that's exactly the kind of vibe I was referring to :)

"Hope you thought you heard some John Sebastian in there!"

I did, actually - I was a big Lovin' Spoonful fan, that's exactly the kind of vibe I was referring to :)

– NSM

Bless your heart.

Register Sign in to join the conversation