Your Tunes

Honey I’m Home” (Chet style instrumental)

Hi y'all,

Almost three years ago, my band the Hard Rollin' Daddies released a CD. It's on your streaming service of choice, and also on CDBaby. Just saying.

Anyway - a buddy recently told me how much he likes this song, and he's a huge fan of Chet Atkins. Since that also applies to many of you fine people on here, I thought I'd share it with you as well. We don't play it live very often (it doesn't go over too well with the beer drinkers and jivers), so this is just the recorded version. Hope you like it.

Anders

Delightful!

I think you should play it to serenade those beer drinkers late in the evening, shortly before closing time.

Great little toe-tapper, superbly played. Played in a nice small environment where listening is important to the patrons I'm sure this would go over well. BTW, what guitar and amp did you use?

That was really nice. I liked it very much.

Very nice recording and playing! A really nice sunny tune too!

"Just What You Need" indeed. It sure worked for me. Nice tune. Nice touch. Thanks for posting it.

Great little toe-tapper, superbly played. Played in a nice small environment where listening is important to the patrons I'm sure this would go over well. BTW, what guitar and amp did you use?

– Windsordave

Thanks. Yeah, we've played it live when the setting has been the right one.

I used my Gretsch 6120AM through a silver face Fender (I believe it was a Deluxe Reverb that belonged to one of the owners of the studio).

Anders, that is really sweet. Clean, clean execution with not so much as a hint of a clam, anywhere.

A tune like this, so easy on the ear (yet spiced with some lovely chord-motion surprises) is a devil to execute well as there's just nowhere to hide. You do it great.

Honey, indeed.

Register Sign in to join the conversation