Your Tunes

Hold To God’s Unchanging Hand

One of my favorite things to do is to take an old gospel song and rearrange it. I don't think Jennie Wilson ever intended for this song to be done this way when she wrote it, but I hope she would like it.

This song is on a CD I released a few years back, but I have done a little editing since the original release.

Hold To God's Unchanging Hand

That was great, Richard!

Always entertaining, sir. Well done.

Richard, it is always a pleasure to hear your playing. Thanks for posting this. I love this style of music.

I'll echo everyone else's comments. Great job. I still hear you channeling Marty.

I haven’t really been here in awhile but I’m glad I popped in to here ya do this, Mr. Richard. Made me wonder what else I’ve been missing. :)

Richard, great job on good old feel good gospel song!

T-Roy, how is everything is Louisianner?

Very nice Richard. I think that Elvis would dig it.

Such a powerful message. Thank you so very much.

I haven’t really been here in awhile but I’m glad I popped in to here ya do this, Mr. Richard. Made me wonder what else I’ve been missing. :)

– Troy6120

Not to derail the thread, but, nice to see you on the GDP again, Troy6120. Where have you been? Seems like two or three years since I last saw you on here. Welcome back.

Sorry, Richard.

Beautiful, Richard.

Richard, great job on good old feel good gospel song!

T-Roy, how is everything is Louisianner?

– farmerbrown

Well, Louisiana is just... Louisiana! It’s usually ranked 50th on some list, but it’s home! Thanks for remembering me.

Sorry for the “derailing”, Mr. Hudson. If your song didn’t sound so good, I wouldn’t have posted.

Not to derail the thread, but, nice to see you on the GDP again, Troy6120. Where have you been? Seems like two or three years since I last saw you on here. Welcome back.

Sorry, Richard.

– Ric12string

It’s probably been two years since I was seriously here, but I do pop in occasionally. I took up bass fishing and kinda put down the guitars. Thanks for noticing my absence. I still love the GDP!

When I think of the GDP, I always think of Richard Hudson’s unobtainable (to me) proficiency on a Gretsch. It’s a hallmark of this website.

Again, sorry for taking away the focus on a thread containing a great song

Troy, how nice of you to pop in. Actually, I have been busy with life myself, and haven't been around too much until just lately, but the GDP is special enough that we miss it when we're not around, and it's always nice to know you have been missed. You are definitely part of the high quality of the GDP, and, sincerely, it is so very good to see you on again, and thanks very much for the very kind remarks.

Hi Richard,

Kind of lousy of my to just now comment about this great song but I've enjoyed multiple visits and listening to it. I love the song and find peace in it and it puts my mind in a very good place. I play along with it a couple times and it is just so well done.

I'm never surprised about your creations though. Consider it a gift that makes others happy and consider me a really happy guy right now.

Thank you for sharing this. -- Dave

Register Sign in to join the conversation