Vintage Gretsch Guitars

1945 Gretsch Syncro, blond/tortoise shell binding for sale

No connection to this seller folks, but here's a guitar that would make any Gretsch nut happy. I know because I own the twin of this guitar! If I didn't already have one, this would be mine already. It's a terrific price and even better for you Americans with the exchange rate heavily in your favor right now.....and it's just over the border from Detroit. You could pick it up on your way to the Gretsch North Roundup!

I checked before posting this and it's still for sale. Mine has quite a voice both in its tone and volume.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-guit...

Windsordave... the pre-war Synchro 100 you have is a very different guitar aesthetically than this war-time model. Also... although your Synchro came from the factory in a natural finish, these later examples did not, so I presume the one listed has been stripped of it's finish. If set-up well, these can be a decent utilitarian strummer, or a good first step towards vintage Gretsch collecting.

Windsordave... the pre-war Synchro 100 you have is a very different guitar aesthetically than this war-time model. Also... although your Synchro came from the factory in a natural finish, these later examples did not, so I presume the one listed has been stripped of it's finish. If set-up well, these can be a decent utilitarian strummer, or a good first step towards vintage Gretsch collecting.

– kc_eddie_b

I don't know how this fellow determined its year, I just used what he said in the ad. I also notice that the pickguard is somewhat translucent whereas mine is opaque.

Oh, in response to my question regarding the neck set condition, he said he believes it may have had a neck reset years ago but didn't elaborate, and I didn't inquire further. He said if it had been done it was well done and it plays nicely.

I have the actual twin of your guitar Dave. It's for sale at some point when I can get to Michigan to pack it up for shipping. This one here looks different, per what Ed said, the changed tuners, lack of binding on the pickguard, etc.

I have the actual twin of your guitar Dave. It's for sale at some point when I can get to Michigan to pack it up for shipping. This one here looks different, per what Ed said, the changed tuners, lack of binding on the pickguard, etc.

– knavel

I know you do and I would've gotten yours had you been handy to it at the time the other one came along!

With the look of the pickguard - I can't remember seeing a translucent version of a tortoise shell one - I think it's a cheap replacement.

Register Sign in to join the conversation