Your Tunes

Come Sin With Me - The Colorifics

This song was inspired by a birthday card I received from a (now ex) girlfriend. Very 40s or 50s B movie inspired, It showed a pinup girl walking down an ornate staircase with the caption 'Come Sin With Me'.

Killer stuff, Tox. Composition, chords, groove, delivery, tone, players. They're always good, but this one really rings for me.

I daren't watch often, though, lest my crush on Sarah becoming crushing.

VISTA CRUSIER!!!!!!!!!

– paul pigat

Bahahaha It's not going to happen in this series of videos Paul. We didn't play Vista cruiser at this show. You'll have to try and enjoy what's on offer.

The Colorifics sure put a lot of bands with more instruments & excess vocalists in their dust! When you have a band this good - and playing terrific original tunes - and one where a solitary guitarist can carry the group, and combine it with an exciting, engaging and beautiful vocalist, you have the recipe for exciting entertainment and success.

This was great! You should release an album from these videos. The sound quality is great.

Hey Thanks! I like the album idea. Live at the Winegarden! or something like that That could be our 5th album and first live album. And it would have 2 unreleased tracks on it os that's cool.

I need to have an objective listen to the tracks now that some time has gone by. I mixed them pretty damn quickly.

It would be at least 16 -18 song album when all's said and done. It was two set show with about 20- 23 songs. A few got truncated by the sound guy by accident..."hey! they're starting!!!'

Lx suggested a DVD. Do people watch them anymore? I know I get movie DVDs out of the library and other people do too. hmm It's hard enough selling cds..or anything really anymore.

if anyone is ever interested all four of our albums can be found here and auditioned for free actually.

https://thecolorifics.bandc...

Great tune Toxo, thanks for posting it. I always enjoy these posts, your band has a lot of good chemistry.

Bahahaha It's not going to happen in this series of videos Paul. We didn't play Vista cruiser at this show. You'll have to try and enjoy what's on offer.

– Toxophilite

still awesome!

FWIW, my first car was a '65 Vista Cruiser. Beast of a thing! Squat and skedaddle, she did. Hot rod station wagon if ever there was one, and smooooth as silk to drive.

GM tech had reached a zenith of evolution in the mid-60s (for its time) from which began the slow decline.

It was well-used (and been through a flood) when I bought it for 200.00 in 1976; I spent the summer with bondo, sandpaper, and a Craftsman compressor, turning it from maroon to light silver-blue metallic. Fond memories.

FWIW, my first car was a '65 Vista Cruiser. Beast of a thing! Squat and skedaddle, she did. Hot rod station wagon if ever there was one, and smooooth as silk to drive.

GM tech had reached a zenith of evolution in the mid-60s (for its time) from which began the slow decline.

It was well-used (and been through a flood) when I bought it for 200.00 in 1976; I spent the summer with bondo, sandpaper, and a Craftsman compressor, turning it from maroon to light silver-blue metallic. Fond memories.

– Proteus

For you (and Paul). From 20+ years ago, Vista Cruiser. Ours was very powerful but had scary suspension, thus the song.

This song has some seriously asinine lyrics, made up in the Vista Cruiser. It was written as a bit of a joke to be a crazy fast end of the night climax song and it worked very well for that. I wouldn't call it a song writing tour de force. We do it with a lot of drama, evil sounds and antics in the solo which is usually extended. This recorded version is significantly mellower than the live.

For you (and Paul). From 20+ years ago, Vista Cruiser. Ours was very powerful but had scary suspension, thus the song.

This song has some seriously asinine lyrics, made up in the Vista Cruiser. It was written as a bit of a joke to be a crazy fast end of the night climax song and it worked very well for that. I wouldn't call it a song writing tour de force. We do it with a lot of drama, evil sounds and antics in the solo which is usually extended. This recorded version is significantly mellower than the live.

– Toxophilite

YAY!!!!!

Register Sign in to join the conversation