Your Tunes

Chet Atkins - My Town Cover

I wasn't going to post this here because I am "Gretschless" in this video but Chet used an acoustic in the original - so here you go.

It's a cover of Chet Atkins' My Town which appeared on his album "More of that guitar country" in 1965.

Good Andrew, I will also try to pay homage to Chet with this song. I will use my Del Vecchio, which is then the instrument used by Chet in that album. Congratulations again .....

Paolo.

Good Andrew, I will also try to pay homage to Chet with this song. I will use my Del Vecchio, which is then the instrument used by Chet in that album. Congratulations again .....

Paolo.

– Paolo_Spadaro

Thanks Paolo - I'll look forward to seeing your rendition. I knew what he played it on but I wasn't going to buy a Del Vecchio especially. It'll be good with the real thing!

Terrific rendition Andrew! Another forgotten Chet classic, and one he composed himself. There's a lot going on in this tune, making a difficult task of getting the melody to stand out and you do a great job of accomplishing this.

For the uninitiated this is really tought to play. Great stuff Andrew mate.

Thank you Dave and Paul and thanks for listening to it along the way.

Thanks Richie - appreciate it.

Can I take lessons from you, Andrew? Great stuff. Thanks for posting that.

Can I take lessons from you, Andrew? Great stuff. Thanks for posting that.

– Jim Krause

I'm sure you'd run rings around me Jim - I'm just a good little parrot if you know what I mean

I'm sure you'd run rings around me Jim - I'm just a good little parrot if you know what I mean

– MrAstro

Oh I seriously doubt that. You're using some chord voicings that I couldn't figure out without a transcription. I'll be doing well to figure out "Oh, By Jingo!" (simple as it is) without a transcription. That's my level of proficiency.

When it's finger-Chet/Merle- style it's all good! folks are always fascinated by someone playing this style.

The smiles on seniors' faces when they see and hear music from their generation and played fingerstyle like Chet who they used to listen to, is just priceless.

Register Sign in to join the conversation