Your Tunes

Bob Dylan / Ron Wood Cover Seven Days

https://soundcloud.com/dani...

This Bob Dylan song was the opening song on Ron Wood's Gimmie Some Neck album, which I think is Ron Wood's finest record, so I just had to cover it. I already have one cover up of it on my page, and these are the exact same acoustic rhythm and vocal parts that I did on the last cover, but I changed the Zemaitis A22 MKP B electric guitar from the last demo, to my 1978 Gibson L5s which has been lovingly nick-named "Helga" by my good friend Troy. The tone is a little creamier than the Zemaitis, and a little less snappy. I just happened to be playing my L5s while I was developing the electric part so I recorded with it for this version. To tell you the truth, I like them both. And Ron Wood uses both L5s and Zemaitis guitars so they are both appropriate for covering his tunes:)

That is fat, Daniel. Both cuts are great, but I think the L5 version might have the edge just by virtue of its sonic girth. Sounds like it's trying to claw its way out of the record!

That is fat, Daniel. Both cuts are great, but I think the L5 version might have the edge just by virtue of its sonic girth. Sounds like it's trying to claw its way out of the record!

– ade

That's why I prefer the L5s Ade. But I am going to put more time into this and re-record the whole song. I first did this to see if I was capable of covering it for my solo gigs vocally wise, which I think I can do, but I want to do an arrangement where I leave a bit open for a slide guitar solo, and then I would like to repeat the first verse to end it. BTW, because I followed you, your songs automatically play on my Soundcloud page so I've been listening to them alot and I really like them.

Register Sign in to join the conversation