Your Tunes

Another one - Barely Alive

Sounds good. The bass is a little quiet. So has the Tenny been replaced as your #1 or are you just giving it a break? I like the Convertible.

Took down this video as it's only been up an hour , was only linked here and it already has a dislike. This happened with the last one too. I really appreciate all the positive and supportive comments made but I don't need any needless sniping. I have a bunch of videos and none of them had active dislikes before.

That's disgusting. I can only hope that whoever gave your excellent video a dislike accidently hit the wrong button. Judging from the reaction to Never You Mind, I would assume the fans of that video would like to see more of the Colorifics.

It's really easy to hit the dislike button if you are a lefty on a phone. I wouldn't take it to heart

Like said before, could have been fat thumb syndrome. Please post it up again.

Thanks. I am nothing if not a bit reactive. Ultimately someone making the effort to dislike you is just as good as liking. Any reaction is good, Apathy is the worst.

So apologies. I've since remixed this one but haven't added the new audio to the video. As my drummer is doing that I will wait a few other songs before I ask him to redo this

This is one of our straight up pop songs. I think of my band as a pop band that draws from as much of the history of pop music as possible. Meaning the last 100 years and worldwide if possible. The variety keeps it challenging and interesting for me as a writer and player.

Sounds good. The bass is a little quiet. So has the Tenny been replaced as your #1 or are you just giving it a break? I like the Convertible.

– Baba Joe

I guess the Tennessean is getting a break as I play my other guitars. The convertible is my main guitar lately. It plays nice, sounds great, and is big and beautiful.

The deeper body gives a nice woody 'fatness' to the sound while also having a nice sparkly, clear tone. Great playing doesn't hurt either.

This is great, keep posting!

Definitely a keeper! Nice, catchy tune. Worth a second listen for sure!

Congrats!

"Barely Alive" is confirmation that great music is being made and is wonderfully alive! I love how her voice really opened up thru the song. The chorus is wonderful and played live really alive but clean as if it were studio quality.

The cherry on top for me though is the guitar solo. It feeds the song. It serves the song but as a haunting beauty is tops in my book. Note to Chris Isaak: If you need a new lead guitarist, look no further than here!

Well done!!!

Great stuff!

"Barely Alive" is confirmation that great music is being made and is wonderfully alive! I love how her voice really opened up thru the song. The chorus is wonderful and played live really alive but clean as if it were studio quality.

The cherry on top for me though is the guitar solo. It feeds the song. It serves the song but as a haunting beauty is tops in my book. Note to Chris Isaak: If you need a new lead guitarist, look no further than here!

Well done!!!

– NJDevil

Thanks a lot! I will admit to the deep dark secret of having overdubbed the solo after the fact because I made a little mistake at the end of the original. It was a bum note and couldn't be passed off, nor replaced so I just redid with the guitar which happened to be close at hand on a stand (My 52 Electro 2). You can hear it's an overdub as it's nigh well impossible to get rid of the original as it's on the drum mikes, vocal mikes etc. It's the same solo ( My solos are set parts of the song rather than me improvising ) it's just played properly and a little fuller sounding. The DeArmonds on the Electro are fatter sounding than the hilotrons on the Convertible. I really should've used the same guitar and exact setup for continuity but I was lazy and used what was at hand. I'm very pleased that you like it. That's very much my style of guitar solo. I like them to have their own melodic thing happening rather than being a showcase for my guitar tricks. (which are really rather limited anyway.) I don't like to overdub on live recordings so everything else is pretty well straight up unless otherwise noted.

Register Sign in to join the conversation