Your Tunes

American Landscapes” and “California” recordings

Hey gang,

As I said on another thread, I just moved to Portugal and, after an initial chaos in Brazil with the quarantine, now I'm able to finish some overdue projects I have been working on.

One of those is "American Landscapes" ( https://jooerbetta.bandcamp... ) which are solo instrumental songs I have been recording since living in the US and while touring around the country. Pretty melancholic stuff, just what we need in times like we are facing now. :)

The other project I just uploaded is "California" ( https://jooerbetta.bandcamp... ) , with the four songs I recorded with our good friend Paul Pigat and Tommy Harkenrider, a couple of years ago in Los Angeles. I already posted videos with that session but now there is the mp3/wav files available on Bandcamp. I really appreciate any contribution - if possible - in these difficult times.

I am working on two other projects I started with Pete Curry. Hopefully I will be able to finish and upload them soon.

I hope you guys enjoy the music. Stay safe!

Cheers

João

Excellent, great, vundabah, etc! More Erbetta is never a bad thing. Thanks for posting them - and I hope you're doing well. We're fine here.

Well, I mean, I'm fine here, and all my family and friends. Quarantine actually suits me fine.

Music just flows like a river through you, doesn't it Joáo?

The compelling American Landscapes set I'm enjoying right now manages to be both comforting and challenging at the same time- like being interrogated with feathers and down.

Glad you made the move to Portugal. My wife and I traveled around Portugal last summer and loved it very much, (Porto, Sintra, Lisbon, Evora, Tavira, were highlights). Lovely people and a beautiful country, much like CA.

I'll check out your latest projects, you are an inspiration.

Those are wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Excellent, great, vundabah, etc! More Erbetta is never a bad thing. Thanks for posting them - and I hope you're doing well. We're fine here.

Well, I mean, I'm fine here, and all my family and friends. Quarantine actually suits me fine.

– Proteus

You are always too kind, Tim

:)

I totally picture you as zen as possible in your quarantine!

Glad you made the move to Portugal. My wife and I traveled around Portugal last summer and loved it very much, (Porto, Sintra, Lisbon, Evora, Tavira, were highlights). Lovely people and a beautiful country, much like CA.

I'll check out your latest projects, you are an inspiration.

– BirdsNBats

Right? Beautiful country... I felt in love with it a couples of years ago while on a small tour. I’m really glad I’m here now...

Music just flows like a river through you, doesn't it Joáo?

The compelling American Landscapes set I'm enjoying right now manages to be both comforting and challenging at the same time- like being interrogated with feathers and down.

– ade

Thank you all, guys! Pretty proud of these two projects. The funny thing is that, because of a lack of inspiration now, I was able to edit, mix and master those songs. I just finished this huge Netflix series full of songs that I wrote and, because there’s a “purpose” on writing those songs/cues (or arrangements) they are “easy” to do in a way of knowing what to do and where to get the inspiration to do it. But, with Covid19 I saw myself disconnected with my music and my guitar. I get excited when people call me up to do collaborations and duos and online jams but, not so much about my own stuff. I’m sure it’s a fase - a long one - and it’s understandable. I’m rediscovering my passion for lap steel so, who knows what’s next!

Great work, Joao! I bought my copy of "American Landscapes". Looking forward to listening to it in its entirety!

Great work, Joao! I bought my copy of "American Landscapes". Looking forward to listening to it in its entirety!

– AndyJ

Thank you, Sir!

:)

What beautiful atmospheric guitar tones you drum up. Thanks for posting those links! I like how for your Brooklyn song the guitar is dirtier:)

Hi Joao, Great music and thanks for sharing, reminds me of my photography road trips in California and laying back enjoyed listening. Stay well and safe and thoughts to all in the current terrible times.

Hi Joao, Great music and thanks for sharing, reminds me of my photography road trips in California and laying back enjoyed listening. Stay well and safe and thoughts to all in the current terrible times.

– rodney wylie

Thanks, Rodney! California is a wonderful place for pictures and everything related with art. Stay safe!

Register Sign in to join the conversation