Your Tunes

A New Original Tune, “Temper”. Performed on my Way Out West

Been playing and writing again (finally) during the Age of Covid . . . I even did a Facebook Live concert for my friends, scattered all across the US.

This is my latest tune called, "Temper". While I was putting it together the song called out to have slide put on it. I've never played slide before and it shows, but I think it suits the song. I love how songs will tell me how they want to be written, composed, and arranged . . . I just have to open up and listen

Anyway here's the tune . . .

Nice little ditty. It’s got character.

Cool man, I dig it! That slide part will be in my head all night now! What a hook. Nice voice outta you too. Not to distract from the great song and video, but let's see a full shot of that guitar and it's alien abduction art!

Thanks, fellas! Sorry for the earworm!

@hilosean . . .here you go

It's rustic, it's rootsy, it's popular music. Catchy as can be. With all the hallmarks of a freshly-discovered Dan Hicks track in the jaunty pace, the tongue-in-cheek lyrics, the beguiling, bluesy, clear vocal inflections.

And...the slide is good- totally fit- for-purpose, lean and clean, no rattles.

Thanks for adding a stamp of credibility to my meager songwriting efforts, ade. You're too kind!

Thanks, fellas! Sorry for the earworm!

@hilosean . . .here you go

– AndyJ

That is so cool! Does that say "Gretsch?" Is that a custom-painted "Jim Dandy?"

That is so cool! Does that say "Gretsch?" Is that a custom-painted "Jim Dandy?"

– hilosean

It is, indeed, a Gretsch. It's from the Americana line of the late aughts. I got the idea to add the Deltoluxe pickup from one the recent iterations of the Jim Dandy, though.

Register Sign in to join the conversation