The Woodshed

Quality Time with Guthrie Govan

Doesn't matter what you know or think you know or have heard from this guitarist - or what kind of music you play, or on what level.

There's just a pile of musical wisdom in this series of 5 (6?) consecutive videos from a workshop. I started on the first, expecting to bail out at any time, and watched the whole 90 minutes or so.

Enjoy!

He's a great bloke, I first met him when he worked in a burger place in Chelmsford and he did use a Gretsch on his last album.

He's a great bloke

Yep, that's apparent from the video. Be a fine guy to hang out with - not to mention play music with. Light-years beyond my capability he may be, but I bet he's the kind of musician who adapts to a situation and makes everyone sound better than they really are. I'd sure learn a lot.

This is great! Shive and I saw The Aristocrats in a joint with maybe 20 people. They were just freakin' diseased!!!

This is great! Shive and I saw The Aristocrats in a joint with maybe 20 people. They were just freakin' diseased!!!

– tubwompus

Is that something good? I mean, I knew someone in college who would be relieved to know that, actually.

Is that something good? I mean, I knew someone in college who would be relieved to know that, actually.

– Ric12string

HAHAHA!!!! In this instance: yeah man, REALLY good.

What does he have wrapped around the neck at the nut?

Register Sign in to join the conversation