The Woodshed

Paul Pigat Travis Picking DVDGREAT!

Finally got this. JK Lutherie had it for $20.95 on Ebay and I could not resist.

I have scoured the YouTubes for Travis picking instruction, but I just could not latch onto any of them. Up to now, I have been "faking it" in our band's shows. Hopefully, that will change.

Highly recommend this DVD.

Thanks Paul!

All of Paul's DVDs are solid! I liked the "Jazzin up" DVD too.

I have all three. The Jazzin DVD is great, but will take ALOT of work on my part.

I have the Travis picking DVD and the rockabilly DVD. Really great stuff. I need to rewatch both of them at some point.

I haven't tried the travis picking DVD. But his rockabilly one was great.

Funny this came up. I just watched the Jazzin’….DVD and it’s quite good. I was a little confused by one thing, though. In the first section, he goes through an entire 12 bars of a “jazzed up” blues progression. He adds some ii/V changes, substitutions, and chromatic chord movement to fancy it up. It's tasty.

The lesson is two “complete solos” for the progression, but I swear that neither of them actually goes through the whole 12 bars. They both seem to leave out several bars of chord changes. Has anyone else noticed this, or am I missing something obvious?

Hmmmm. It's been so long since I did that DVD that I can't remember.. Maybe I was just focusing on where the substitutions work best. I will check. I think I have a copy of it somewhere

Yes they are all great . You got plans for anymore Paul ?

I went though it again, and the solos seem to be great examples of how to play over each section, as opposed to complete solos. It's all really good.

Register Sign in to join the conversation