The Woodshed

Fingernail care…

You can get double cut and triple cut files. The lighter you press, the smoother the finish.

This thread makes me realize how much I miss the "Perhaps we should create a good grooming section" thread from before the crash.

You can't get good emery boards anymore so I fold a piece of 100 grit sandpaper over a comb. It's especially neccesary because you can't get fingernail clippers anymore either.

I gave up on the emery boards pretty quickly.

You would need to trim the edge back an 1/8" every four or five passes, if you could, to get anything done using the same one...

The tungsten file I found at Ace Hardware...

Ric12,

Asking me or Richard Hudson?

– Twangmeisternyc

Richard Hudson.

You can't get good emery boards anymore so I fold a piece of 100 grit sandpaper over a comb. It's especially neccesary because you can't get fingernail clippers anymore either.

– Billy Zoom

...you can't get fingernail clippers anymore either. -- Billy Zoom

Visit your friendly Long's Drugstore, BZ. You can always get one there or at Walgreen's.

Sorry, I just noticed. It is a combination of flesh and nail, I guess. I don't usually let my nails get too long. Keeping them smooth is to me very important, to keep from having that scratchy sound.

I like to keep my nails pretty short with a clipper and remove the sharp edges and corners with an emery board.

A couple of years back I had some trouble with the nails de-laminating from the ends. I used a product called "Nutra Nail Maximum "10" Strengthener". After a while, I determined that solvent in it just caused my nails to de-laminate more.

Be careful with nail hardeners.

Lee

Register Sign in to join the conversation