The Woodshed

Cousin Harley - B’Hiki Bop and Jazzing Up Your Guitar

Wow! B'Hiki Bop is amazing! I just bought it and I'm going to study and enjoy it for years to come.

And so is Paul Pigat's Jazzing Up Your Guitar DVD, I just went through the DVD and I will be spending many hours with it. I decided to take a break from my Chet Atkins studies to try this DVD which has been sitting on my desk for over a year. The explanations of the use of chord arppeggios etc. has really made a lot more sense to me than a lot of other books DVDs ever did. And I have many....

So I've seen Paul posting here in the past and I wanted to say "THANK YOU PAUL PIGAT!!!!"

And I hope to catch a live show someday also.

B'hikiBop is one of my fave PP tunes

Thanks Spider! Really appreciate it!!!

Right on Spider. Those album kicks some serious butt and play along to it alot. Having met Paul in NYC almost 2 years ago makes it that much sweeter. I love telling people that he's one of my all-time favorites. After asking why, they listen and quickly find out,

NJDevil - Yeah man! There's not only great guitar playing by Paul but also great guitar sound. Hey Paul, What was your rig setup on "4 Wheels 9 Lives"? I'm diggin' that alot. Sounds like there could be a Nocturne Ubangi Stomp in there?

That's a black falcon through a executive. There is definately an atomic brain in the pedal chain!

Thanks Paul! That's a fantastic sounding setup. I really like the way the chords and single notes ring out in that tune and the punchy-grit.

Paul, I read that you use 11s on the Country Club. May I ask why? Is it just about comfort or are 11s about as big as one usually goes with the right-hand style you use?

I play a lot of country double bends. 11s are about as heavy as you want to go for that. 12s are better for fingerpicking though

Paul, is there a link for this? Preferably one that gives you the best %age?

Sorry whittlez. I'm not sure what u mean. The cd is on iTunes if that's what u r looking for

Sorry whittlez. I'm not sure what u mean. The cd is on iTunes if that's what u r looking for

– paul pigat

That's exactly what I was referencing . Thanks

Hey Paul, love your tasteful playing and singing. On 4 Wheels 9 Lives, is the bridge Dm, G, Bb, F ? Sounds like there is a little more to these changes; could you please enlighten me?

Thanks, Steven G.

Hey Paul, love your tasteful playing and singing. On 4 Wheels 9 Lives, is the bridge Dm, G, Bb, F ? Sounds like there is a little more to these changes; could you please enlighten me?

Thanks, Steven G.

– Gretschpicker22

Hey Steven, I think you have it. the progression is Dm, G, Bb,F and the second time is Dm, G, B(aug) E. there may be some layering in the background to fill it out but its basically that. thanks for taking the time to learn one of my tunes!!

Hi Paul! As there was also a question in this thread on how to purchase your music, let me ask you one thing:

Since some time youtube is generating "topic" pages for any artist, making partly complete albums available as playlist with commercials in between songs. Completely for free.

For example also your albums:

https://www.youtube.com/cha...

https://www.youtube.com/cha...

Are you aware of that and is there any benefit for you as the owner of these songs?

I am just wondering.

No I wasn’t aware of that and again no, I’m not profiting from this at all. I used to chase this kind of thing down and I guess I still should but I must admit I’ve kind of lost hope in ever trying to keep these things at bay. I think it’s logical to assume that if you are listening to any artist on any steaming platform, regardless if it directly represents them or is pirated, the artist is not making money (or if revenues are being paid they are laughable) It really is disheartening to say the least

By the way, when will the new campfire cd be released? My 15 months old daughter loves „Brody“ (and Daddy too)...

No I wasn’t aware of that and again no, I’m not profiting from this at all. I used to chase this kind of thing down and I guess I still should but I must admit I’ve kind of lost hope in ever trying to keep these things at bay. I think it’s logical to assume that if you are listening to any artist on any steaming platform, regardless if it directly represents them or is pirated, the artist is not making money (or if revenues are being paid they are laughable) It really is disheartening to say the least

– paul pigat

Hi Paul! That’s a pity to hear. What would be the most beneficial/preferred way from your point of view for us to order your music, digital or physical (I still prefer to buy CDs)?

And regarding the YouTube stuff: It says „Provided to YouTube by The Orchard Enterprises“ and „Auto-generated by YouTube.“ which sounds to me like YouTube is the originator of this „service“ and not a private person who ripped your songs.

I'll give those a listen Paul, folks seem to like the sound you're using. Damn annoying that it's so hard to collect revenue, the web has changed everything so much and somehow, we've returned to vinyl in an attempt to 'own' a real version of a recording. Oddly enough, I've heard that vinyl now outsells CDs....but I think that means that CDs are selling quite badly.

I'll give those a listen Paul, folks seem to like the sound you're using. Damn annoying that it's so hard to collect revenue, the web has changed everything so much and somehow, we've returned to vinyl in an attempt to 'own' a real version of a recording. Oddly enough, I've heard that vinyl now outsells CDs....but I think that means that CDs are selling quite badly.

And yeah, let us know where to buy things so it gets back to you

thanks fellas. Its just the way of the industry now. Cd Baby for hard copies (although i've been lax at sending them any product lately!) and iTunes downloads (or heck, email me directly and I'll send you one!) i guess are the best way to support any independent artist now but hey, if streaming is your bag then go for it i say. Id rather have people listening than not!!!
the new Boxcar disc should be out in March if all goes to plan. just finalizing the masters and getting it printed. Vince is right. Vinyl is outselling cds by far now. they are just so darn hard to transport when touring!! I'm going to release my next recording on edison cylinder!! thats super niche!!

the new Boxcar disc should be out in March if all goes to plan. just finalizing the masters and getting it printed.

Well, that is splendid news, made my day! I'm already looking forward to it!

Register Sign in to join the conversation