Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Why doesn’t anyone show pics of the tail end?

I know many of us collect pictures of vintage Gretsch guitars. 99% of the pictures online never show the butt end of the guitar. For us Bigsby lovers, that means no shot of the hinge plate. For conversions, no shots of the end pin.

I’ve always been fan of the tail-end pix!

Definitely a tail end guy here!

Gotta admit, I like nice butts. Here's some pix from a hinge pin mod I did on a 6121:

Finished product!

Finished product!

– r0de0

Tail

Anyone know a vendor of blank (i.e., no holes) Bigsby hinge plates?

Anyone know a vendor of blank (i.e., no holes) Bigsby hinge plates?

– Lacking Talent

I think GDPer "Danman" had some made a few years ago. I don't know if he still has any.

I know many of us collect pictures of vintage Gretsch guitars. 99% of the pictures online never show the butt end of the guitar. For us Bigsby lovers, that means no shot of the hinge plate. For conversions, no shots of the end pin.

– Joe Desperado (aka: Jack Daniels)

There have been many times when I've been looking into some piece of minutiae and looking for butt end shot and indeed, they are hard to come by. But to add to the pool of images, here's a '59 Gent.

Here's a rare two-piece G-tailpiece original to my '57 Clipper; I've seen only two others. The scratches on the bout (which are on every bout) are the result of a cheap cardboard case with exposed rivets -- by now hopefully outlawed.

Register Sign in to join the conversation