Vintage Gretsch Guitars

White penguin still for sale anyone visited it yet?

Hi guys ..abalone Vintage still have this white penguin for sale has anyone been down there and visited it ?or played it what’s your thoughts ? Looks real enough is the owner in here..? And btw heads up I have an original 1950s gretsch G catty what Falcon tailpiece for sale I have an original 1950s gretsch G caddy white Falcon tailpiece for Sale in garage sale thanks Vv

Hi Sonny... This guitar was in a collection of a long-time (and semi-notorious) collector who past away a few years back. Abalone handled several pieces from the estate. It's a legit Penguin. I looked it over at a guitar show last year, but didn't play it.

Thanks Ed that’s the money shot right there .. Fab photo is that’s the later scruffy one 58 in the pic ? Not the clean one . Vv

kc_eddie_b Was that collector Gordon Dow? And what makes him -- or someone else if I am wrong about it being Gordon Dow -- "semi-notorious"?

Hi Sonny... This guitar was in a collection of a long-time (and semi-notorious) collector who past away a few years back. Abalone handled several pieces from the estate. It's a legit Penguin. I looked it over at a guitar show last year, but didn't play it.

– kc_eddie_b

Nice hat, Ed.

Is that the Dan Fogleberg Penguin?

Is that the Dan Fogleberg Penguin?

– DaveH

Nope. The Fogelberg Penguin had stereo pickups, replaced tuner, and a Bigsby. This one's rougher, but looks to be pretty much all original.

kc_eddie_b Was that collector Gordon Dow? And what makes him -- or someone else if I am wrong about it being Gordon Dow -- "semi-notorious"?

– ewkewk

Back in the day Gordon was “the” Gretsch guy... plausibly patient zero for the Gretsch virus we all suffer from now. He’s had some amazing guitars but in his later years was a bit eccentric.

My Angry Scottsman (craft beer) hat that I scored on a trip to Tulsa the year prior. Great beer!!

My Angry Scottsman (craft beer) hat that I scored on a trip to Tulsa the year prior. Great beer!!

– kc_eddie_b

Glad the beer hasn’t affected your demeanor Ed!

Latest .. been a week still waiting for a response from the seller ..

Register Sign in to join the conversation