Vintage Gretsch Guitars

White P90 60’ 6120

Great find from the FB group "Old Guitars in B/W"

A flamey 60' 6120 that the owner highly modified with big knobs all over and white P90 or maybe Guild pickups

Enjoy

Yeah, that's gorgeous, look like Franz pups, sure wish I had the set He took out.

Franz? Back in those days a 6120 was way cooler than a Strat. To some of us, it still is. Also dig kool Epi bass.

White pickups on an orange guitar makes the guitar look like a pimple. I would know as when my first Gretsch came back with a "new" white bobbin DeArmond to replace the broken old one, it looked like a pimple. This is not a knock on P-90's or Franz pickups (all of which I love) just as an aesthetic comment on an otherwise lovely flamed 6120. Eddie Cochran used a black -- not white -- P-90. Rant over.

White pickups on an orange guitar makes the guitar look like a pimple. I would know as when my first Gretsch came back with a "new" white bobbin DeArmond to replace the broken old one, it looked like a pimple. This is not a knock on P-90's or Franz pickups (all of which I love) just as an aesthetic comment on an otherwise lovely flamed 6120. Eddie Cochran used a black -- not white -- P-90. Rant over.

– lx

Yeah? Well, my pimples never looked or sounded this good. Love the white covers...

super cool..nicely figured top 6120 with white franz pups...franz factory was right across river from gretsch brooklyn in queens nyc

cheers

ps- ^ the great chris spedding using p90's!!

spedding quote-

“For many years in the 1980s and ’90s, I used a 1959 (Gibson) Les Paul Junior with a P-90 pickup,” he said. “I don’t have it anymore, but now I use my Gretsch 6120 – with Gibson pickups – .... I’ve been a big fan of the 6120 since the Duane Eddy days, and I got mine new in 2006. My guitar tech thinks the new Gretsch components – wiring, condensers, etc. – are better quality than they used in the 1950s.”

I'm in love with my Franz pickup'd Guild.

Register Sign in to join the conversation