Vintage Gretsch Guitars

What is a good price for a 56 Corvette(edited from corsair)

56 sunburst corvette in decent condition with filtertron pickup. What would be a decent price? (Sorry no pictures yet)

'56 with Filtertron? That's a bit early, isn't it?

'56 with Filtertron? That's a bit early, isn't it?

– sascha

Yeah the fellow at the store who's holding it for me might have it wrong. It should be a DeArmond. Lets say a 56 Corsair with a DeArmond pickup.

Yeah the fellow at the store who's holding it for me might have it wrong. It should be a DeArmond. Lets say a 56 Corsair with a DeArmond pickup.

– Toxophilite

Actually... if it's a true Corsair model (6014) then neither would be correct! These are acoustic arch tops... no pickups at all.

So knowing that... this is a irreversibly modified "player" and as such maybe worth $1000. If the pickup is an authentic 50s unit (either Filtertron or Dynasonic) maybe that would command a little more.

Take a mechanics mirror and a small flexible gooseneck light so you can see the underside. If it is a Filtertron, the parallel braces supporting the top would have been hacked into -- potentially dangerous if not done right. The light may also help you to determine if the pickup is vintage. A lot of the early modern ceramic (ick) Filtertrons are floating around.

Actually... if it's a true Corsair model (6014) then neither would be correct! These are acoustic arch tops... no pickups at all.

So knowing that... this is a irreversibly modified "player" and as such maybe worth $1000. If the pickup is an authentic 50s unit (either Filtertron or Dynasonic) maybe that would command a little more.

– kc_eddie_b

This is close to what they're asking for it. I'm assuming you are meaning $1000 US.

Sold? $1K seems reasonable even with replaced knobs.

Register Sign in to join the conversation