Vintage Gretsch Guitars

vintage parts… C’mon man!

Guys -- This is bevete up to his old lying and gouging ways. This individual makes me want to puke at his dishonesty.

Dan, '47. I think I've seen some on later guards thou. I'm pretty sure my '55 convertible is more like your 6120's.

Edit: yep gold '55 bracket more squared off. This guitar came from him too.

'55 gold bracket

This guy raises some questions?

How does this clown have a 100% rating?

Does anyone actually buy from him?

What's he been smoking, and will he share it with me?

I understand that there is a market for vintage parts. I am not a proponent of stripping guitars to satisfy that market. That's not what this rant is about. My issue is an auction such as this, with Bevete-level pricing for a part that's impossible to authenticate. Asking $700 for a pick guard bracket... C'mon man!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vi...

– kc_eddie_b

Vendor is located in Seattle, Washington. It's Bevete with another name.

Dan, '47. I think I've seen some on later guards thou. I'm pretty sure my '55 convertible is more like your 6120's.

Edit: yep gold '55 bracket more squared off. This guitar came from him too.

– Setzer

I looked at pics of my old '53 Duo Jet, and it too has the newer style semi-rounded end.

– wabash slim

Trust me, you don't want any of whatever he's been smoking (or more likely mainlining). It will rot your mind and corrupt your soul like an unholy blend of cheap whiskey, nicotine, meth, heroin and Oxycontin. All the bad drugs.

– wabash slim

His 100% rating is from Him purchasing, not selling . I checked his selling history,couldnt find anything sold.

I've only traded with him once. I talked to him on the phone a couple times, before the trade, and exchanged emails.

I remember around the time Duke passed away, he had sold all his stuff to Blackrider in Louisville. Prices tripled overnight. I miss Duke! He was a class act!

Looking at this clowns other items I came across this...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ra...

I have one of these... it came as a throw in for some other thing I was buying. Even though it's probably only worth a couple bucks, if this seller is trolling for $655, maybe he'll buy mine from me for $300?

– kc_eddie_b

You will need a "sun free envelope" included with yours in order to command the level of prestige pricing our parts weasel requires.

Register Sign in to join the conversation