Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Vintage corvette in MIJ teisco refin disguise?

I have no idea and did not look at the posting originally thinking this but scroll through the photos and look at the back side of the guitar.

Upper and lower bout horns look like a vette and so does the routing for the back plate. What say you all?

https://reverb.com/item/109...

I would say coincidence. Among other things, it's not really the same shape, although from the back it does indeed bear a resemblance to the 1961 version of the Corvette. One clear difference is that the area where the neck joins the body on this guitar is angled:

On a '61 Corvette, it's more or less straight:

Very cool guitar and probably worth the $200 he's asking. I have a Matsumoku Vantage I bought for $200 off the Ebay. I dropped some nice boutique PAF pickups in it and it sounds gorgeous.

I didn't think Corvette's had back plates. The Teisco looks more like a variation of the Les Paul Jr. or Special than a Corvette, to me.

– Jonathan A. Sipes......maker of aluminum dust.

you probably are right the more I look at the back plate it reminds me of and early duo jets.

I would say coincidence. Among other things, it's not really the same shape, although from the back it does indeed bear a resemblance to the 1961 version of the Corvette. One clear difference is that the area where the neck joins the body on this guitar is angled:

On a '61 Corvette, it's more or less straight:

– Afire

also great eye for the neck joint. I figured I was wrong but it made me jump a little when I first saw it. Guitar still looks like a lot of fun and cool vibe as is.

Register Sign in to join the conversation