Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Uggh, this just ruined my day

It's not so bad. A little spray paint with electrical tape masking, chop one the horns and you've got the whole EVH thing going.

With a Filtertron!

"Please take into consideration this guitar has been heavily modified."

Some people shouldn't be allowed near instruments when they have tools in their hands.

This one doesn't bother me. Corvettes are thin and are good platforms to make a Gretsch shredder if you desire. I bet it sounds awesome.

Owner: Ya know, I could have bought an ESP but I'd much rather butcher a vintage slab.

Luthier: Hey' It's your guitar, DUDE!

You think that's bad.

You should see some of my kid's "experiments".

But he just dropped the price to $395! You'd need a hunk of mahogany to fill the massive hole from the trem thingy.

I’m with BuddyH here.

This guitar can be saved. A few parts, some love and prayer. It could be returned to the fold.

Is that the original case? Looks like a Fender thermometer. And....back then it was just a cheap ham-and-cheese guitar. Back then you couldn't buy so many parts and choices were much fewer. If you had the jones to tinker, you cut up a guitar Y'all should see the '52 Les Paul on mylespaul.com. Added Bigsby, bridge sat too high, so someone chiseled out a nice trough for it. Poorly, BTW.

A question or the educated. Did the Corvettes always have pointed ends? I saw one on Reverb.com the other day that had rounded ends, more like a strat. Did they ever make them like that?

A question or the educated. Did the Corvettes always have pointed ends? I saw one on Reverb.com the other day that had rounded ends, more like a strat. Did they ever make them like that?

– Suprdave

Here you go Dave.

So yes? I had never seen pic's of them like that before.

So yes? I had never seen pic's of them like that before.

– Suprdave

That was what they looked like when they debuted in 1961.

Who better than Gretsch to embody a new genre: Shredabilly.

Although there may need to be some warnings about mixing the shredder's hairspray with the 'billy pomade. God only knows what sort of chemical reaction might take place!

Not to mention the mixture of Spandex with pegged blue jeans!

Not too far out when you see the three Gretsch custom shop builds done with Kahler trems. I think they were for someone in Alice Cooper.

Thanks Ed.I have been Ed-Ucated.

Who better than Gretsch to embody a new genre: Shredabilly.

Although there may need to be some warnings about mixing the shredder's hairspray with the 'billy pomade. God only knows what sort of chemical reaction might take place!

Not to mention the mixture of Spandex with pegged blue jeans!

– Parabar

I shamefully admit I've been accused of that

I want one....?????

Register Sign in to join the conversation