Vintage Gretsch Guitars

This makes a pretty nice sound

Dearmond 2000 and vintage hilotron. It'd be fun to try them with the positions reversed too as I quite like the crispness of a hilotron in the bridge position. They're pretty well balanced the same height-wise as two hilotrons.

That's a good combo; the Dyna-lite wouldn't overwhelm the HiLo. Sound clip?

cattywampus guitar but sound is all that matters

Looks good but we need to hear it.

cattywampus guitar but sound is all that matters

– jps1965

It would seem like cattywampus has negative connotations. I think this is a beautiful guitar. I restored it myself and it is configured how I like. I was trying this configuration because I stole the bridge hilotron off it to put on my Yamaha AE-1200S.

As to clips if I get around to unlimbering my recording apparatus and going through the various processes I will undoubtedly share the results. My internet computer and my recording computer are completely separate entities.

I wonder if that combination would even edge a little closer to the Harrison Hi Lo sound of late 1964/early 65

I think a Tennessean through a Vox would accomplish that pretty well.

This a 64 Club that would've had filtertrons, It didn't come with pickups. Certainly the right era. Because it has a string mute the bridge pickup is a little farther from the bridge which darkens it's sound a little.

I love this very cool guitar. If it were mine, I try those T’Armond pickups I have kicking around here somewhere...only after I give this the current setup a chance.

It would seem like cattywampus has negative connotations. I think this is a beautiful guitar. I restored it myself and it is configured how I like. I was trying this configuration because I stole the bridge hilotron off it to put on my Yamaha AE-1200S.

As to clips if I get around to unlimbering my recording apparatus and going through the various processes I will undoubtedly share the results. My internet computer and my recording computer are completely separate entities.

– Toxophilite

Bernie, I'm sorry I didn't me to offend. For me Caddy Green CC may be the coolest thing Gretsch made. I just meant that the bigsby looked crooked and the bone bridge, green mute, dyna and hilo are a unique and weird combo.

It's the sound that matters and I'm into cool, weird and cattywampus!

I look forward to hearing it.

This a 64 Club that would've had filtertrons, It didn't come with pickups.

Electric guitars are so crippled without pickups. They really need them.

This is an interesting pickup combo. I’m curious to hear more about it.

This a 64 Club that would've had filtertrons, It didn't come with pickups.

Electric guitars are so crippled without pickups. They really need them.

– Proteus

You mean them little boxes?

Heck I thought them was where ya hide yer weed.

You mean them little boxes?

Heck I thought them was where ya hide yer weed.

– tubwompus

I was just so glad to have something to hide those unsightly holes in the top!

Bernie, I'm sorry I didn't me to offend. For me Caddy Green CC may be the coolest thing Gretsch made. I just meant that the bigsby looked crooked and the bone bridge, green mute, dyna and hilo are a unique and weird combo.

It's the sound that matters and I'm into cool, weird and cattywampus!

I look forward to hearing it.

– jps1965

No problem. i tend to take pictures of things on angles so yes the bigsby does look crooked, however it isn't. I make and put those bridges on all my guitars. What you should've noticed was the THREE holes to mount the pickguard as I moved it around to my satisfaction with different pickup configurations..oops!

Register Sign in to join the conversation