Vintage Gretsch Guitars

The Gretson!!!!!!

Hmmm. As is $3000 plus shipping and only one pic. Let me think about it. Nope. Just might pass on this one.

Ahh that's why it's so expensive, it has vintage Gibson credibility too.

Play with style, just add a Gretson Hat.

Meh, I'm more of Gibsch man, myself.

In two years, no one has set the poor feller straight?

I've got history with Gretson.

It was the mid seventies and me and a couple friends headed to the city to see some midnite movies, live clips of bands from the sixties almost all of which we'd never seen. For me Buffalo Springfield was the big draw and in those days you just didn't see color photos and barely any in black and white. So the the Springfield begins to play Mr. Soul and one of the guitarists steps from the shadows in a fringe jacket and that impossibly beautiful orange guitar. And the sounds coming from it. And everything. That. Was. It. Barely knowing anything about guitar but a few names, I couldn't quite see the name on the headstock. After the clip was over and I'd picked my jaw off the floor, I turned to my friend and said, "Is that a Gretson?" Says he, "Oh, that's a Gretsch."

Ya know... as an admitted brutal typist, as well as a not so great spellerer, I read this thread and thought that you guys were being kinda hard on some poor schlep who probably rushed through his Reverb listing and mis-spelled "Gretsch". But he did it in three different places, which makes me think he actually thinks it's correct. So... tease away, he deserves it.

Crazy price. Pretty piece of wood for the top.

Ya know... as an admitted brutal typist, as well as a not so great spellerer, I read this thread and thought that you guys were being kinda hard on some poor schlep who probably rushed through his Reverb listing and mis-spelled "Gretsch". But he did it in three different places, which makes me think he actually thinks it's correct. So... tease away, he deserves it.

– kc_eddie_b

I'm assuming whoever wrote the ad thinks he knows better than the person who wrote the info on the sign in the strings.

Hold the phone... they have another listing for this guitar (only a year old), and it seems to address the issue (although they list the model # as 1691). Must not have killed the first listing.

https://reverb.com/item/110...

I actually contacted this guy a long while back nicely suggesting that he correct that, never got a response. Oh well

My favorite Gretson:

Register Sign in to join the conversation