Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Some oldies for sale

A friend of mine has these old clubs. They both probably need a bit of work and both of had headstock repairs (stable) but If anyone’s interested Let me know and I can hook you up

More of the spruce top. Needs a neck reset

Do you know what years they are Paul? , specifically the blonde club. The other looks to be around 55 or 56 maybe?

Do you know what years they are Paul? , specifically the blonde club. The other looks to be around 55 or 56 maybe?

– Toxophilite

I would only be guessing but I would say 59-60? No mute. Slimmer profile body but not as slim as a 62

Judging by the location of the the bridge pickup, I guess the blonde is a '58, possibly '59.

Judging by the location of the the bridge pickup, I guess the blonde is a '58, possibly '59.

– Tartan Phantom

The zero fret feature would be more definitive... but based on the photo, I'm guessing '59.. as it has the sculpted pu bezels ('58 had thick, smooth bezels). Also.. I "think" I see at PAF stamp on the filtertrons (not sure tho).

Update. talked to the seller. $4500 for both.

Just to clarify is that a package deal? And you are talking US funds yes?

on another note Paul, if you're at loose ends tonight come see the Colorifics at the Heritage grill. Bring your best heckling lines!

Just to clarify is that a package deal? And you are talking US funds yes?

on another note Paul, if you're at loose ends tonight come see the Colorifics at the Heritage grill. Bring your best heckling lines!

– Toxophilite

Preferred package deal but I can probably get the seller to split the deal. US funds. damn!! I had a gig last night or I would have been there!!

Just gonna give this a little BUMP!

Register Sign in to join the conversation