Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Setzer Signs Operational?

Hi all,

I'm after a new pick guard for my 1963 Chet Atkins Tennessean and from what I'd read on the forum contacted Paul Setzer about possibly doing this. I haven't heard anything back though and was wondering if he was still in business; anybody know?

If not, does anyone have any other recommendations?

Cheers

How did you attempt to reach him? Through the GDP's direct message feature? If so, it is possible that Setzer never received the message as the GDP's DM system is a bit wonky.

He's still around. I just got some pickup risers from him the other day (and am happy with them).

He’s a very busy guy, a post office employee and a sign maker. You will need patience. It is a part of the price of admission. I always found it’s worth it.

I just got a pickguard back from Paul a week or so ago that he routed pickup cutouts on, so he's still around.

Thanks guys, good to know. I contacted him on the gmail and yahoo addresses I found on this forum; do they still work?

Yep. I emailed with him last week at setzersighns at gmail dot com.

I think I have some work coming from him as well. That's what he said last week, in an actual email.

Setzer sighting!

Hey Joe, I just replied to your email you sent to my yahoo. Both worked. Just now getting around to answering emails. I get a couple a day. It's a bit overwhelming.

Tim, I'm getting closer, shouldn't be much longer.

Thanks guys for your patience and understanding!

Post office related news: I'm getting close to becoming a regular carrier! I'm a full time sub now. Just need for one more co worker to retire etc.

How did you attempt to reach him? Through the GDP's direct message feature? If so, it is possible that Setzer never received the message as the GDP's DM system is a bit wonky.

– Ric12string

no, it simply does not work.. Hasnt since the election

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

It worked for me less than 6 hours ago.

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

It works fine UNLESS you (or the recipient) has a yahoo email address, which is out of my hands as long as I use the email system I currently have.

The only other issue is when the server occasionally fills up.

I'm working on longer-term solutions to both.

I've explained both of these issues more than once.

Who still uses yahoo email? It's the 21st century guys

Usually works fine for me, except for yahoos.

Who still uses yahoo email? It's the 21st century guys

– Otter

I still use it as my main email.

Now leave me alone.

I'm waiting for my modem to connect me to Compuserv.

I still use it as my main email.

Now leave me alone.

I'm waiting for my modem to connect me to Compuserv.

– crowbone

I certainly hope you have upgraded from a 300 baud to 1200 baud modem, sir.

Hey Joe, I just replied to your email you sent to my yahoo. Both worked. Just now getting around to answering emails. I get a couple a day. It's a bit overwhelming.

Tim, I'm getting closer, shouldn't be much longer.

Thanks guys for your patience and understanding!

Post office related news: I'm getting close to becoming a regular carrier! I'm a full time sub now. Just need for one more co worker to retire etc.

– Setzer

Best of luck Paul. It couldn’t happen to a nicer Guy !!

He’s a very busy guy, a post office employee and a sign maker. You will need patience. It is a part of the price of admission. I always found it’s worth it.

– Bob Howard

plus he spends a lot of time w/ a certain Princess.... so would anyone.

Register Sign in to join the conversation