Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Revisiting Gretsches that have come thru here

Well been some cool ones

This 6075 12 string

The righteous 6119 Tenny w/ original 6120 orange finish

A 66 Tenny that was tweaked to the max -- best playing one ever.

The killer wide neck 6108 that Windsordave hooked me up with

The demented 3 HiLo Tron Astro Jet

Also a great Duke from Dietzel --- no pix tho

The demented 3 HiLo Tron Astro Jet

– DCBirdMan

My fave!

Forgot this Annie re done in red

and let's not forget the red sparkle Annie -- and green metallic Vette.

There was this one that popped up on Craigslist and was posted about here by Fred Stucky, I think. I reached out to the family who had it and eventually made a deal.

Tartan's '41 Synchro, and the twin to mine, makes the grade for worthy considerations. Here's a pic of mine.

Tartan's '41 Synchro, and the twin to mine, makes the grade for worthy considerations. Here's a pic of mine.

– Windsordave

I was there when Rob bought that one and can attest to the magnificence of those!

I had a '66 Tennessean in the early 70's. I pried the plaque off one day and there was a pearl horseshoe underneath that had been painted black like the rest of the head stock. Although it gave me ideas, I put the plaque back on.

My 1939 Synchromatic 160.

My 1939 Synchromatic 160.

– duojet55

Another entry in the vintage archtop category!

My oops club.

– Bob Howard

Yes lawd!

Good to see all this stuff -- all mine seen here went To Good Homes and of course lost money on each one.

This one That I sold to Bob Howard and he sold to Otter.

– Suprdave

That was a fun guitar. I sold it to help fund a Nashville Roundup trip. I believe Dave sold it to me for the same reason. This axe has done more than played great.

The killer wide neck 6108 that Windsordave hooked me up with

– DCBirdMan

Do you remember what year that one was? In another thread we noticed that the Sal Salvador model went MIA for an unknown length of time somewhere between 1962 and 1964. I wonder if this rare beast was intended as a candidate to fill that niche during the Sal's hiatus?

Also, it's a shame what a lousy job I've done over the years documenting the guitars I've owned. Most of my heavy buying and selling years were before the batching and serial number mysteries were being solved, so serial numbers never meant too much to me back then. And I obviously had to photograph them all to sell them, but I never kept any kind of a comprehensive album.

The very 1st 6120 was tracked down and acquired through the GDP.

This photo is several hours after the score. the 6121 was par of the deal. Ed owns this now.

I only ever sold 2 of my Gretsches ;

1977 Super Chet, Richie Sambora bought it while he was in Belfast on tour back in 2014. Here it is in my garden.

Register Sign in to join the conversation