Vintage Gretsch Guitars

PSA Flamey 6120 on C/L 1960

Holey Moley!

I’m trying to flip something quick so I can make a move for it. One of those is on my bucket list, and I have other guitars that I simply just don’t play.

Distance is a key factor too. I’d be terrified for it making such a long trip. But that’s a good one.

Fabulous condition by the looks of it! For me, the best year for 6120's was 1960 and this flamey one is a beaut!! Hope someone here gets it.

I’m trying to flip something quick so I can make a move for it. One of those is on my bucket list, and I have other guitars that I simply just don’t play.

Distance is a key factor too. I’d be terrified for it making such a long trip. But that’s a good one.

– JBGretschGuy

Wish you luck Josh.

Hope that you can snag it!

– JBGretschGuy

Flip a kidney, but keep the liver for the Bloody Marys.

Working on payment terms - but he doesn't take PayPal or anything easy. But I'm working on it! If I can snag it, it'll get played and enjoyed and shared.

Hope interested parties can check it out-- some don't want to do the online saie thing, or local consignments. IT may be a super deal.

I hope this works out for you, Josh. That's a sweet guitar. I can't believe how nice the case is too.

Go, Josh! Go! Best of luck!

Same here, hope it happens.

Good luck. You would do it justice.

You guys are so kind! I appreciate it. It looks like it will happen. I'm going to have to do the scramble to replace the funds right away. But I've always wanted a quilt top, and the condition is spectacular. Now, what can I part with... kidney, for SURE! A guitar and an amp or two... but life is kind of like a game of Monopoly. At the end, all of the pieces go back in the box anyway. I've learned that I can enjoy a certain guitar for a dozen years or so, and then pass it along to another good home, and take in something new and exciting.

My friend applies that scenario to wives, which I would NOT recommend - because that's why he can't afford nice guitars.

Fingers crossed for you!!!

Hey Josh, very cool if you can get it! It's 39 guitars before mine although mine is of the non flamed variation. A great sounding and playing guitar! Good luck!

Thank you, Dan!! I've played one from this batch owned by another Illinois GDP'er. It was real nice!! I think it'll have to be placed into duty. Carefully.

Been off the grid a few days.

Wow Im happy to see you get this. This guitar is top notch specimen.

Please post lots of pictures after it arrives.

Thank you, Fred. I’ve talked quite a bit with the family. They really wanted a good home for the guitar, above all else. I promised that it will be loved and used to make lots of music and shared with others. It sounds like the one and original owner Larry was a great guy who took care of it and would enjoy knowing it’s out there in our loving hands. So if anyone wants to jam on it in Nashville come on down. I wouldn’t have found it if not for this group, so I’m happy to pass it around the circle. It’s more than I can really afford, but I’ll find a way. Opportunities like that are rare. There were years that even attending the Roundup was a stretch, but I HAD to. The love of these quirky guitars brought friendships into my life that are more valuable to me than 1,000 of these guitars combined. Long May We Twang.

Thank you, all of you. I’m counting the minutes until we gather together again. And I’ll introduce you to “Larry”.

Register Sign in to join the conversation