Vintage Gretsch Guitars

PROBABLY THE UGLIEST GRESTCH OF ALL!!

That model was often branded "Epiphone" on the headstock, but some other brands as well.

You like Gretsch's awesome strat copy, the solid-body Broadkaster?

The pic is from the database.

http://gretschpages.com/med...

No uglier than any other Strat. !#$@%

– Jeff Allred

No uglier than any other Strat. !#$@%

– 6stringcowboy

LOL

And +1

!#$@%

Nice Crapocaster!

I think it looks pretty cool in a trashy Jazzmaster kind of way. A Gretsch Committee is an ugly guitar, this one, not to me.

I like it for some reason. I'm also screwed in the head sometimes.

gretsch put out some guitars under the name applause that had a speaker built into the guitar. thing weighed like 12 pounds.. that was a real piece of shit

hahaha!! ugly women also have the right to live!!!

Don't dis the TK3000!!! makes me want to put a flowerpot on my head and play some Devo!!

Don't dis the Committee Walter. That is not an ugly guitar. The broadkaster is, though...

You guys pay enough attention to these misbegotten planks that you actually know their names? :P

Paul/FF909

you forgot about this one:

– guitarcapo

you forgot about this one:

– guitarcapo

Easily the worst and ugliest Gretsch!

I thought TKs were ok. Basses better than the guitars... major prob w/ guitars was no adjustable truss rod. Bass had one. I gigged around w/ TK bass and it was a real tone monster.

I say Comitttee is uglier, but when we were kids we thought Fenders really fugly, also.

Man, what happened during the 1970's? Everything became plain fugly. Fender Gibson Gretsch, cars, motorcycles, clothes.

Yuk. Despite being born during that decade, I hold no connection with it!

I think the Committee looks good except for the goofy pick guard. Nice Alembic style guitar, complete with the back breaking weight.

Soryy, I still love the looks of a Stratocaster, not to leave out the fantastic tones they offer.

+1 Bear. I kinda like that Dorado. It's the kind of guitar Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys will pick up and make collectable. If you think the Stratocaster is a bad design, without aesthetic merit, you're condemned by your own tastes.(YMMV, as always ;-) ;-) )

...whatever guys but a thousand euros for it???? :(

– lizardville

– lizardville

I agree, it's at best a few hundred bucks.

I think it looks kinda like a cross between a Strat and Mosrite. Not my cup of tea, but not really that ugly. My vote for ugliest Gretsch goes to the Astro-Jet. It looks like someone left an SG in the oven too long. But, I don't really hate it either. It's almost so ugly it's cool.

Yep, the TK and the Astro Jet get my vote for least attractive Gretsch guitars. Still, I enjoy the challenge of discovering the beauty in the girls others find unattractive.

People dissing the Committee and TK? I'm disappointed tonight. :P

Register Sign in to join the conversation