Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Perfect Intonation(?).. Tru-Arc Content

I bought one of Tim's Tru-Arc SerpenTune Brass bridges for my #6122 Gent that Curt brought back to life. WOW!! The guitar now plays in near perfect tune up and down the fretboard! I normally set intonation at the 5th & 17th frets. If you do Open & 12th, then above the 12th isn't nearly as accurate. This was a recommendation from Petersen Tuners and it's worked for me for years. Anyway, this bridge is amazing, the guitar sounds just incredible and I'm thrilled. Playing this afternoon up in the Mountains north of L.A. in a little village called Pine Mountain Club. I'm giggin' with Ron Coleman who was with The Everly Bros. for over 20 years and with Albert Lee. He's had a number of hits on his own as well as songs he's written with the guys from The Band & Dylan. We're playing out on the patio and should be much cooler at 6,000 ft. up than here where it was a balmy 107F yesterday. We've done this the last six Saturdays! Anyway, if you're using a Bar Bridge and have intonation & tuning issues, you owe it to yourself and your guitar to get one of these!

Well, thanks Don! I still like hearing happy endings, and to be reminded I'm not hawking snake oil.

I'd like to second this endorsement Proteus! Received my aluminium Tru-Arc Serpentune I ordered through Deke about a month ago and its turned my '59 6119 into my dream guitar.

Another vote for Tru-Arc SurpenTunes here! I swear by them and have recommended them to just about every player I know. I wish I could figure out how to put one on my Martin D42.....

Yup, gottum, luvum. Dang near perfection.

Count me in the fan club, as well.

Yup, a brass Serp is my next guitar goodie.

As soon as my cash reserves recover a wee bit from the hit taken on getting guitar gear (in the space of a 2 month period I bought a new amp and 2 new guitars), I'd like to get a Tru-Arc Serpentune my Power Tenny.

I did the gig yesterday and ended up using my Gent more than any other guitar(I took my Gibson 57 LP Jr. and a65 Epiphone "Al Caiola Custom"). We played a good six hours outside. There's no inside gigs allowed in SoCal! My little gig setup is pretty magical too. `73 Maestro Boomerang2, Origin Effects "Revival Drive" Janglebox, Vox Joe Satriani Delay & a Roland/Boss RT-20 (Leslie simulator) into a 1962 brown Fender Princeton(not an F'in reissue!) with a 12" Vox/Celestion T1088, Mullard EL37 output's and GZ34 recto & Brimar preamp valves!

This trio loves the Tru-Arc.

been at this Gretschs thing for 34 years. These bridges are the best bar none.

This trio of 55’s sound so much better once each got a serpentune.

Thx Tim

Fred,

what is the white Jet in the background?

Joe

That’s a Stern penguin relic. It’s an early one that’s particularly good. I put original PAF filters in and a bigsby of course.

it’s a rock and roll guitar.

A Tru-Arc Serpentune is the best bridge for a Gretsch guitar with a floating bridge base.

Wow, folks! Once again, thanks for the stellar feedback - and your support over the years. It really means a lot to me. I'll pass along the link to shop: they're the ones who really make it all happen.

Wow, folks! Once again, thanks for the stellar feedback - and your support over the years. It really means a lot to me. I'll pass along the link to shop: they're the ones who really make it all happen.

– Proteus

seriously get on shopify and make a cotton pickin intuitive website. You will get rich.

Register Sign in to join the conversation