Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Paul Pigat on an AstroJet

NFI.

Was ogling an AstroJet body and saw a video clip of someone familiar playing Mr. Sandman. I think the AJ is a mod/custom as it has 3 pickups and Bigsby. Must weigh a ton.

I'm pretty sure Will would chime in soon. It's His one.

Eastwood makes an Astro now ?

That belongs to fellow GDP member Will. He and that lovely astrojet reside in the Netherlands

This video?

Yep, it's in the database! http://gretschpages.com/gui...

And thank you (and Paul, of course!), it's the Astro i bought from DCBirdman. It already had three pu-holes and the (Gretsch!) Bigsby on it when i bought it. I put three Supertrons in 'm and added a Chet-arm. It is heavy, but it's a wonderful instrument. Hopefully Paul will come and visit and play the guitar again.

For some shameless selfpromotion: in the meantime, Paul and his band did visit again and recorded 'The Dutch Sessions', although that was completely on an old Eko-guitar and on tape.

We recorded our Dutch Sessions cd at his place

Haha, great minds think and type alike!

Right I remember that -- I had gotten it off ebay, already routed for 3 pickups... I had it done in red (had been sanded down) and put the Bigs on and of course I put HiLo Trons on it.

So pleased to see it's still on the scene, about 10 years later. Now with CITES messing up the scene, I doubt that deal could go down again at this point in time.

Register Sign in to join the conversation