Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Odd Country Club…renecked?

What leads you to ask the question?

Sorry my bad. I didn’t think they made deep bodied CCs in ‘67. I thought it might have been earlier with a later neck

Yes... Gretsch went back and forth on the body depth of the Country Club in the 60s. That 6196 looks clean as a whistle!

Another thing to note is that this is one of the last series of guitars using the knurled metal knobs. Gretsch was sold on June 1, 1967 to Baldwin and the very first move Baldwin made was to drop the knurled metal knobs and replace them with die cast aluminum knobs with a silk screened "G" on their top

Gretsch was sold on June 1, 1967 to Baldwin and the very first move Baldwin made was to drop the knurled metal knobs and replace them with die cast aluminum knobs with a silk screened "G" on their top

I can't stand those Baldwin knobs.

Whenever I refer to those knobs I call them cheesy as they look like a cheap replacement to me. I can't stand them either.

The Club looks nice and legit to me! I have two Clubs, a 62 & a64, both thin bodies(2"). I later `64 they went back to the 2.75" body depth.

Register Sign in to join the conversation