Vintage Gretsch Guitars

NGD: Dutch celebrity owned 1960 Gretsch 6120! Eddy Christiani!

Wow great deal. Congratulations that's very lucky. Have fun and play it alot.

Beautiful instrument and impressive history! Congrats!

What a super story and a Fantastic guitar. Congratulations.

I'm glad you found the 6120 you like. For now..... ; )
The stripe and Eddy connection look very convincing. I guess we'll have to get our two 6120s together soon!

That is fantastic! Lovely guitar and great history. Congratulations!

I love everything about this story, and, of course, the guitar. Incredible!

A great looking example. Congratulations

I like that Art Deco stain glass window too.

Now that is cool,congrats!

and Great story. Congrats!

Hey! Congrats!

Never heard of the famous owner before, but I kind of dig that "Wild Geese" tune, cheesy organ and all.

This is a great story. Old 6120's with such history are the best. You are very lucky !! Enjoy and share all of its tones and details with us. Very happy for you.

Fantastic pics for a terrific guitar! I just love all the 'war wounds' your great pics show.

Congrats! That looks like quite a player.

Time for a Dutch Roundup! With a frietei! (Sorry, inside joke.)

Whooo, that's really a great dream purchase. Sure time for a Dutch roundup again Congratulations !

[jealousy_mode_on]

Gefeliciteerd! That's a very nice looking guitar, and a cool historic piece! I never knew about the nickname 'Eddy Christianianianiani...', that's just awesome haha!

Great guitar and story. Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

It's said that Christiani had the first Gretsch of Europe ever. But 1960 seems to be very late to be the first. Did he have more Gretschi? Nonetheless, this is great and a fantastic story. I've been wanting to find out about his guitars for years. I even wrote Joe, if it might be worth for a website story. Christiani died recently alas so the story will never be made. I'm happy to see his heritage is in good hands! Congrats!

Quite cool, I hope you can live with this one!

Great background. (And "Wilde Ganzen 1962" may be my newest favorite video!)

Register Sign in to join the conversation